Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
I agree, BHCCPD; I carry a Spyderco tucked in the top of my field boot in the winter and in my pants pocket in the summer uniform. It's mostly for utility purposes (and yes, I have used it to cut seatbelts, and a tow rope on one occasion), but if I was in some sort of life-or-death situation I would have no problem burying it in someone's gut (department policy be damned!). I also have serious doubts the job would stick it to you, as long as you were in the right. In any case I would rather be alive before a trial board than dead in a coffin!

·
Subscribing Member
26 Posts
My seatbelt cutter is a kershaw its in my pocket at all times. Go ahead and try to take it off my body. I will work as a janitor, and they will a cold slab of hamburger. Semper Fi! M

·
Registered
252 Posts
I carry the SOG flash 2 clipped on my pocket. It has an internal spring to assist with openning. It also has a safety switch which locks the blade closed, this is a feature that I like because in the event someone does take it from me hopefully they don't figure out how to open it, giving me some time to retreat or take it back from them.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,756 Posts
I carry a 3" bucknife

Primary purpose: Keep fingernails clean
Secondary purpose: Tool to strip/cut wires/seatbelts etc.
:wink:
Hope-I never-need-purpose: perform trachestomy/vasectomy/circumcision/open perps scrotum or throat!
:shock:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I carry my S&W SWAT knife (Which I LOVE!!!) in my front pants pocket. Its a great handy tool to have. It comes in handy for many things around the campus. Just a side note: If you need to cut a basketball in half the S&W SWAT knife cuts it in half like slicing butter!!! =D> i give it two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: and five gold stars :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I carry a 3" auto open in my strong side, leg pocket.
Great for opening lunch! LOL...
Also I carry a leatherman on my belt in a case.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I carry a 2" infront of my ASP on my right side, above front pocket, it's a generic flip knife, $10, however it's damn good quality, rubber grip, strong as hell....and sharp as hell

·
Registered
252 Posts
PJM#15 said:
I carry the S&W swat knife on my duty belt. I keep it in a single magazine pouch. Most people don't even know that there is a knife inside. I have used mine for all types of things on duty. From picking a lock to cutting mail open.
You can also use it to cut your huge sub from Ferreria's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Guys,

Like everything else a knife is a great tool and is useful in many situations. I carry a Schlalge utility knife, like a leatherman, on my belt and I also carry a baby serated SWAT knife in my pocket. Great for turning a screw, cut a wire etc. and at the least as a dining utensil when one is not supplied by the local eatery. Don't forget it is also a small back up weapon if need be.01061957056000595542

Be Safe,
Mike

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.