Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the intelligence bulletin obtained by Action 4 News, a confidential informant in Virginia claims the Mara Salvatruchas (MS-13) have designated October 30 as "Kill A Law Enforcement Officer Day"
This was passed on to me by a member of my Dept. and i felt this is something that everyone should be aware of especially any Officer or Troopers north of Boston in Malden Everett Somerville Revere and other areas with a heavy MS13 presence. this may be a bunch of BS but Forewarned is Forearmed so please pass it on to any professional contacts you have in Law Enforcement
http://www.alipac.us/article-792-thread-1-0.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
PoliceOne investigates claim of MS-13 "Kill an Officer Day"

Alert found unsubstantiated

Recently an e-mail indicating that the MS-13 gang has declared Oct. 30 an annual "Kill a Law Enforcement Officer Day" began circulating nationwide. After receiving several copies of the alert from across the country, PoliceOne staff began investigating the claim.

We found that the warning that cops will be specifically targeted on this day - an allegation that originated in Newport News, Va. - has not been substantiated.

In an interview with PoliceOne, Lt. David Graham, who is in charge of intelligence with the Organized Crime Unit of Newport News PD, said the informant cited in the e-mail was "re-interviewed by the Newport News Gang Unit and the information was not found credible in this case."
The alert began spreading across the country after an officer posted information on the alleged "Kill a Cop Day" threat to a Virginia Gang Investigators Association e-mail list.

"Information that comes across the list server is neither validated nor sanctioned by the Virginia Gang Investigators board," Lt. Graham said. "It is up to the users to verify this information before disseminating."

We share these findings in the interest of accuracy and in preventing unwarranted hyper-vigilance on Oct. 30. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE: This is not to say that you should ever let your guard down, regardless of the day.

"Law enforcement officers who deal with MS-13 [members] should always consider them a threat," Lt. Graham cautions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
kwfaltbed,

Thank you very much for your clarfying information on this. We, within the rank and file of the DOC caught wind of this a little more then a week ago.

I friend of mine that works for a local College PD in Worcester asked me if I heard anything on this and I was dumb founded. So I thought I would look into this site for any information. It took a little while to find anything on it, on this site, so that was good sign not finding it a big hit amongst the LE world. That being if it was something to be creditable it would be on this site first and continually.

Regretfully, I can no longer count on the DOC to provide information on safety within the DOC, where as they should have discredited this information first, given all of the gang activities with in the DOC. I've asked the gang unit on this and they have heard of it so this isn't something new to them.

They, the DOC, fails to recoginized that most CO's talk to and socialize with others in the law enforcement field community, despite our current job tittle. But most of us do and try and do our best, despite the stories you here on different sites.

Thank you, once again, on behalf on those who care in the DOC.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
oct 29 day should be law enforcement/ supporter of law enforcement kill those fucks day. let me get my damn gun, oh wait, to pleasant, let me get my spiked bat. unfornutantely, this lowers me to their level, but only temporarily.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
EOD1 said:
oct 29 day should be law enforcement/ supporter of law enforcement kill those fucks day. let me get my damn gun, oh wait, to pleasant, let me get my spiked bat. unfornutantely, this lowers me to their level, but only temporarily.
No no, never use your gun, use a blunt object. Its more satisfyign and you don't give the liberals an "excuse" to ban more guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.