Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Key limits speed, stereo volume

The Ford Motor Co. announced Monday in Dearborn, Mich., the creation of a new system to allow parents to control the top speed and stereo volume of their cars.

Ford said the MyKey feature, a programmable key system that is planned to debut with the 2010 Focus coupe, would be beneficial to parents seeking to encourage safe driving in their teenagers, The Detroit News reported Monday.

The keys can be programmed to limit the top speed of the car, control the top volume of the stereo, give earlier low-fuel warnings and can be set to chime at 45 mph, 55 mph and 65 mph, Ford said.

"Ford not only offers industry-leading crash protection and crash avoidance systems, we also are committed to developing new technologies such as MyKey that encourage safer driving behavior," said Susan Cischke, Ford group vice president of sustainability, environment and safety engineering. "MyKey can help promote safer driving, particularly among teens, by encouraging seat belt use, limiting speed and reducing distractions."

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/10/06/Ford_Key_limits_speed_stereo_volume/UPI-52321223343257/

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I hope that it will help save a young life someday. I did my speeding back in the day and worry what that my son will do the same. My worst fear, as is for most of you is that "one phone call." You know what I mean!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
When I was a freshman in High School we lost 3 kids to speeding and stupidity, and 5 more in the following 4 yrs....If it saves a life until the kids get out of that speeding is cool phase then thats great..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts