Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my opinion any police, sheriff's or similar agency whose union endorses john the flaming liberal kerry is doing a dis service to themselves and the rest of us. he was determined to be the most liberal of all the senators by an independent group - last time i checked, the conservative Republicans supported us and the liberal democ rats were always bashing us. people who think, vote Republican - don't be duped by the democ rats

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That poll was reported in the "National Journal", a conservative publication. Mr. Coelho, Algores campaign dude, appeared on "Fox and Friends" this morning and explained that Mr. Kerry only appeared to be the most liberal because he "missed a bunch of votes" where he wouldn't have voted liberal :shock:(opinion: a skunk can't change its stripes)! We have an absentee senator...what we don't need is an absentee president, especially when we are at war(and especially if he's a bolshevik UN sell-out). Just my 2d.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
liberal kerry has basically been a no show in the senate for the past 14 months, yet- he has not missed collecting his paycheck !!!! this guy married a gold digger who inherited millions of dollars - he does not need to be collecting his senate pay if he is a no show in the senate - we all know that he is a multi millionaire - lets not forget how he donated only about one hundred dollars to charity a few years ago but had the money to spend thousands on a motorcycle built in Italy and also had a City of Boston fire hydrant moved from the municipal sidewalk in front of his Louisberg Square mansion so he could park his luxury mv there w/out getting a ticket !!! he is anything but the regular guy he is pretending to be - do not be duped by the democ rats !!!! if you vote for one - you are a liberal in my opinion - look at their party platform b4 you vote....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kerry will not get my vote. Today we should all vote for Edwards. He is really the only Democrate that I would vote for now, if I had to pick one. I'm not going to vote for a democrate when the Presidential election comes. Kerry is a bleeding heart HIPPY! He is all talk. Kerry says that he will do this and that for the country's economy, but yet, the last time I looked MASS, which he is the representative of, is doing pretty awful in the economic sector, as well as in other areas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm with you jimbo. No way in hell I'd vote for Kerry or Edwards. George W has done a few things I think are just plain wrong but he is by far the best man for the job. My :2c:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I wish Kerry would grow a pair and just admit he is a liberal. He dodges that question every time. I must admit Bush has done a few things I don't agree with (3 year work pass for border jumpers), but I will vote for the lesser of the two evils :twisted: . My vote is for Bush.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
I fart in Kerry's general direction.
Let's make him ambassador to France instead!
:flipoff: :francais:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
hmmm not sure who I am voting for..... 8)

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Folks should lay off the "liberal" label. Democrats have done more for law enforcement in recent years, i.e., Clinton's robust hiring nationwide of cops. The fluid hiring was stopped by Bush Jr. in favor of tax cuts. Kerry will bring the jobs back.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
As I recall, those grants were temporary and expired before Mr. Clinton left office. In fact, I believe that they ran four years per officer, decreasing funding each year until the jurisdiction was paying for the PO. The net result was not an increase in the number of PO's, but a temporary transfer of funding from the local jurisdiction to the federal government: once the money was gone, the local jurisdictions just stopped hiring and thus the status quo was maintained, but the chimera of added jobs remained.

I don't know how tax cuts figure into the equation...especially with all the money being spent on "homeland security." Too, perhaps if all the money spent on the 'LECS was used to hire PO's instead of gym clothes, ICV's and neat-guy black pajamas, there might be more PO's on the street. :D

But that's another thread :oops:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I know off topic, but dcs2244 question? How the hell would that put more PO's in my department. That money belongs to those towns, not mine or yours. I'm sorry but I am just sick of all the bad mouthing of what towns have what and what they are doing with their money.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My "tongue-in-cheek" comment inre: 'LECS, etc, was meant to raise the questions concerning the allocations of federal grant monies and how they might better spent. It was just an observation addressing another member's concern regarding the lack of funding for the hiring of new police officers(posted in this thread).

This particular 'LEC horse has been beaten to death in other threads: everyone knows where they stand on the issue, and at this late date no one's mind will be changed. As I recall from the other threads, the overiding concern was "duplication of services" and "reinventing the wheel," ad nauseum. Some addressed, in a tangential fashion, the allocations of the available monies for other purposes, but for the purposes of illustrating their point, to wit: duplication, with no real discussion concerning how the money might be better spent.

'Nuff said. Back to the topic.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Enough, everyone...there are other threads for this...we don't need to rehash the subject here.

I pm'd MARINECOP and we will discuss it that way...

Thank's for the support, though :D

Dave

·
Registered
189 Posts
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal,murderous dictator,leading an oppressive regime...He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation...And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction...so the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-Sen. John F. Kerry(D,MA) Jan 23, 2003

And he has the nerve to call President Bush a liar.Typical Liberal.....

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Cop union puts screws to Kerry
By Andrew Miga
Thursday, March 4, 2004

Boston cops are using their presidential endorsement clout - which humiliated Michael S. Dukakis in 1988 - as a hammer to force Sen. John F. Kerry [related, bio] to help in their bitter contract talks with City Hall.

The Boston Police Patrolmen's Association, ratcheting up pressure on Mayor Thomas M. Menino, said yesterday that until their contract dispute is resolved the union cannot consider endorsing Kerry.

``We're tied up on the contract and until we get that done, we can't even think about making any endorsements,'' said police union president Thomas J. Nee. ``Our first priority is a contract, plain and simple.''

During the 1988 White House race, the Boston patrolmen's union shot to national prominence after giving Republican presidential nominee George H.W. Bush a rousing endorsement in Dukakis' backyard.

The union's formal backing - coupled with news footage of Bush surrounded by a sea of blue-uniformed officers - underscored GOP charges that Dukakis was soft on crime.

The former Bay State governor cringes at the memory. ``I can tell you this, John Kerry [related, bio] is not going to sit there and not respond to Bush. That was my mistake in 1988,'' Dukakis said.

The endorsement - which union leaders say is all but assured Kerry once the pact is set - is just one hardball tactic the BPPA is using in its stalled talks with Menino.

The BPPA, along with other city unions without contracts, picketed Menino's State of the City speech in January and has threatened to do the same at the Democratic convention set for the Fleet Center in July.

City unions placed an ad in today's Washington Post making it clear they'll shine a national spotlight to make the mayor and Democrats squirm.

Kerry aides were silent yesterday on whether they will intervene to bring Menino and the cops together on a pact - a task that would not be easy given the police demands for more cash and the mayor's insistence the city can't afford it.

But Menino aides say they would welcome Kerry's efforts.

``If (Kerry) wants to help, I'm sure the mayor would be very appreciative,'' said Dennis DiMarzio, Menino's chief operating officer who is also involved in labor talks. ``I would hope that both the city and the BPPA would look at (the convention) as a good reason to reach an agreement.''

Earlier this month, Kerry reached out to Nee seeking the union's endorsement. The pair exchanged phone messages.

``The senator is looking to sit with us,'' the union chief said. ``He and I will sit down. I've had preliminary stuff on the phone with the campaign. I'm looking forward to talking to him and the campaign.''

Nee is a strong Kerry backer, who helped put the senator over the top in his 1996 re-election race against then-Gov. William F. Weld.

``I know him well,'' said Nee of Kerry, a former prosecutor. ``I was his biggest cheerleader back in 1996.''

Dukakis said: ``John was a damn good prosecutor and he's been very close to law enforcement. I hope they have the good sense to support him, whatever their problems with the locals, the city.''

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Mr. Nee sounds like a dyed-in-the-wool supporter of John Kerry...I doubt the Boston cops will benefit in their contract negotiations: why should Mr. Kerry intervene? The tone of the article makes it plain where the support of the union, if not the patrolmen, is already going.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.