Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else read the 11/23 Boston Sunday Globe Magazine's article about the Keene NH detective? I had the priveledge of attending a training seminar he taught recently, its a good article about his job luring pedofiles via the internet. :!:

G

·
Ya I read it yesterday, good article. Good for him :rock: How was his training seminar? The article made it seem he was really top of his game,even though there where a few people who werent happy about the he went about it. Although I dont think I'd be crazy about him luring pedophiles to my town, but all in all it sounded like has pretty good success rate.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see how locals would be concerned about him luring pedofiles to thier town, but he brought up a good point at the seminar... #1: They are only there on thier own free will till shortly after they put thier car in "park". And #2 apparently this Det. has become quite well known in the diddler underworld and many of them know to stay clear of anyone talking to you from New Hampshire. He was telling us that on more than one occasion his cover was blown simply becuase he told the suspect what state he lived in.
If I was a parent and taxpayer in a town who had an investigator like Det. Mclaughlin, then I would be concerned about safety and waste of funds, but these guys he hooks up are mobile, and if they are willing to drive (sometimes 100's of miles) to his town to hook up with a "14 year old boy", then they are also willing to drive to someone elses town to do the same to a real one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts