K-9 Officers Final Tour Of Duty Posts | Page 5 | MassCops

K-9 Officers Final Tour Of Duty Posts

Discussion in 'Final Tour of Duty' started by Hb13, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Good Dog. Rest in Peace and thank you.

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

3. Kilvinsky

A dog, a friend, a member of the family. Rest in Peace.

4. kwflatbed

Heartbreaking photo shows officer saying goodbye to his K9 partner
    Shares [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Updated: 3:44 AM EDT Sep 4, 2017

Chelsea Robinson

Middletown, Connecticut —
    An emotional photograph shared by a police department in Connecticut is breaking hearts across the country.

In the picture, shared by the Middletown Police Department, Officer Michael D'Aresta carried his K9 partner Hunter past a procession of officers.

Hunter was recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of liver cancer and veterinarians recommended he be euthanized.

D'Aresta can be seen hugging Hunter to his chest as he carries him to the vet's office.

"Officer Michael D'Aresta unfortunately has to make the toughest decision any K9 handler dreads making," the post read. "Hunter and Officer D'Aresta have been such a huge part of our department the past ten years. Such a dedicated K-9 team. It will never be the same. Rest in Peace Hunter you've done well."

[​IMG]
    Hunter and Officer D'Aresta have been such a huge part of our department the past ten years. Such a dedicated K-9 team. It will never be the same. Rest in Peace Hunter you've done well. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Officer Michael D'Aresta and his family.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/heartbreaking-photo-shows-officer-saying-goodbye-to-his-k9-partner/12166748

5. Kilvinsky

Damn, that is one sad picture. June 8, I brought my Buddy to the vet for the same reason, though I have no idea why he was on his way out anyway, but age had something to do with it. My heart bleeds for Officer D'Aresta. It's one of the toughest things, to say goodbye to a beloved family member, and that includes Dogs.
    One ironic note, my Beagle's father's name was Hunter and I gave it to him as a middle name.

Tough picture to look at.

6. kwflatbed

7. Zeke

Zeke New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tewksbury Police Department - MA added 3 new photos.
    8 mins ·
    It is with heavy hearts that we sadly announce that Tewksbury Police K-9 Geox passed away on Monday, December 11 after a sudden illness. K-9 Officer Al Piccolo and Geox were partners for 6 years, and they provided outstanding service to the department together. He will be missed

8. kwflatbed

9. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Fuck! I’m crying now...