Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum or not but figured I'd drop a quick hello. I'm a 22 year old currently living in TN but moving back to Massachusetts (Worcester area) where I'm from in two weeks or so. I've got two years done on a criminal justice degree, and my eventual goal is to get into law enforcement. Looks like my local dept. is going to sponsor me for the part time academy, as well as e-911 certification and a few other things. Finally getting into my calling, so I'm pretty psyched.

As for background, I've been a pharmacy technician for three and a half years now, two and a half years in retail pharmacy (CVS) and one year working for the Veterans Administration. I specialize in knowledge about pain and psych meds since they have a significant impact on criminal justice, but also have pretty good knowledge about all pharmaceuticals.

I'll stop here but as you see I have no work-related criminal justice experience so beyond the posts here (that I plan to go through) any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Try for a Dispatcher job. After the Part-time academy try to find a reserve Officer Position or Auxiliary unit to join. A Campus Police Officer job would be ideal, you would qualify with a degree and the Part-time academy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.