Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys got an unfortunate letter in the mail today stating that the class got cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control. Any other applicants get this letter, or is this just a polite way of saying "you are denied"?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,749 Posts
Oh my goodness!
:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Originally posted by Tiger Woody:
Well guys got an unfortunate letter in the mail today stating that the class got cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control. Any other applicants get this letter, or is this just a polite way of saying "you are denied"?
I think they would be up front with you if you where denied. Sorry to hear.

·
Registered
42 Posts

TW,
That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that this is happening all over the State. Keep your head up. Something always works out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys

The thing thats weird is that they are going to have a table set up at the criminal justice career fair at Northeaster U. on April 3rd.

·
Registered
410 Posts
C'mon Woodrow.... it's a Sir/Ma'am sandwich!!!! Sorry to hear about your setback TW-good things come to those who wait.....More time to stuff your resume.

·
8,749 Posts
Thanks guys

The thing thats weird is that they are going to have a table set up at the criminal justice career fair at Northeaster U. on April 3rd.
Don't even THINK about going near that table without a new tailored suit, fresh haircut and glossy shined shoes. And......end every sentence with sir or ma'am as appropriate.
:eek:

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
It is shut down because their investigating instructors sleeping with students, or so I heard
I am going to go ut on a limb here and subject myself to being the odd man out out
.... Is that a joke or are you serious. :eek:

·
8,749 Posts
Originally posted by TG252:
They cancelled it due to an investigation into all the instructors banging the female recruits. TOO BAD!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

·
8,749 Posts
Are u for real...they were sleeping with female recruits.....are is this someone's sense of humor
I for one would like to see something more tangible than whats been quoted here in regards to "fraternization" or worse.

Having said that.........................
Last year Hardcorps supposedly parted company with an instructor over some impropriety. Anybody remember that? Come on chime in............
:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
TW,
i got the letter as well. i know how you are feeling :confused: . the 4 people i know that were set to talk the PT, but everyone got those letters (same wording). i am a little disapointed, 'casue i got all the doctor stuff taken care of ($$$ and driving) and passed the written.
i thought that it was a budget problem :eek: . i am not sure how much faith i put behind a person's hearsay a posting site, but it is interesting. let me know if you hear anything. i got another year of school so i am going to wait it out.
i am sure they will start a class soon. hang tight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same here White85, booking all those doctors appointments is a hastle...at least i know i am really healthy though...haha....i just had on one the 9th for my PAT exam....i am going to hand in the paperwork anyways to the Corp and see if I get a response

·
Subscribing Member
4,370 Posts
I spoke to a sergeant from a department that hired two officers from Police Corps. The department was told that they no longer have funds to pay the departments to hire Police Corps graduates. If the financial incentive is no longer available to departments, it could lead to an end of the program. Departments would rather hire an MPOC graduate, such as a self-sponsored recruit. This way there is no four year obligation from either party to commit to.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There are sveral ongoing invest's and the funding has been pulled. I forget the kids name but they had some great instructors (one guy from Worcester that was awesome)Then again they were grabbing guys to teach there that had 000 experience and were punching out females on the first day... There is a time and a place for everything but by hiring Sheriff's(read=Correction Officers) and political hacks that were never Cops please...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.