Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will the public safety departments of Boston cope with the month of July 2004?

MacWorld July 12-15
Democratic National Comm. July 26-30
Sail Boston Tall Ships July 9-15

I had heard that the Tall Ships was to coincide with the DNC so the dates may be off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, Looks like Boston is definitely going to have to step up their public safety. Think they'll plan ahead and take more than usual from civil service? With the budget in the state that it is in...that might be a problem.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Originally posted by 37-99:
How will the public safety departments of Boston cope with the month of July 2004?
Word is that their talking to a few of the bigger neighboring dept's {those with swat, and tac teams etc}for assistance with the convention anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that they will be about 1500 cops short for the DNC. That's for each day. Then you have to figure for EMS. I can't imagine how they will cover everything. The Tall Ships alone is a nightmare. Old timers were dropping like flies last time. And I'm sure the firefighters will get some details that month as well.

July is the start of the fiscal year and you also have to wonder if we'll be out the budget crisis's by then. With all those events and all those people they won't be able to scrape by with minimal staffing. The overtime budget for that year better be BIG.

G

·
Working for the main venue for MacWorld and one of the larger venues for the DNC, we have been working on these for a while. From the security/public safety side of the house, our security contractor is already preparing for a huge demand for private security services. In-house security/public safety, we have already been victims of the budget axe and Romney's budget doesn't look to promising....

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Boston Herald

Ridge: Hub can bank on security for convention

By: J.M. Lawerence

The federal government will take "extraordinary measures to protect and provide security" at the DNC in Boston this summer, Secretary Tom Ridge said yesterday at Harvard.

Ridge said State and City leaders can bank on the Secret Service's handling of the event.

Ridge who also met privately with Gov. Romney yesterday, said Secret Service Agents will provide key security for the DNC in July.

He said the State's anti-terrorism plans are "focused" and well organized, using a model of "regional mutual aid" :shock:

·
Registered
142 Posts
:roll: yikes !! Boston will be infested with liberals when the democ rats come to town - hold onto your wallets

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
Sail Boston was cancelled sometime in November, (boston herald) as Menino stated the city would be unable to pay for police and other protective requirements...

G

·
Did anybody see the write-up in the Sunday Globe(I know, my wife gets it for the coupons) regarding the Black Tea Party Anarchists group? The youth of today, gotta love 'em. How about the pseudonym of the "girl" in the photo? Mothra??? Where were Godzilla and Rodan? Having a strategy/planning session on Monster Island? Give me a break! :wm:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Rumor has it that they were out looking for King Ghidora...if they all show-up in July we can have a redux of "Destroy all Monsters" !:wink:

G

·
I knew there was a least one other person who used to watch Creature Double Feature on Ch. 56 on rainy Saturdays!

Guinness2429

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.