Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone know what the physical fitness test entails for the JMs? Tried scouring the internet, forums, and contracts but found zip.

Any info be much appreciated.

Feel pretty fit. Able to bench about 180 pounds, can do about 45 to 50 sit ups in a min, 30 push ups before stopping, and can run a mile n half in 11 minutes. Sprinting is iffy on a good day can run 300 meters in 56 to 58 seconds. On a bad day 65 seconds.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I thought they just laid off about 100 of them last year. They may have been recalled but CT is having major budget issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take the hit on that one darn autocorrect.

Not sure about layoffs or furloughs. Know corrections went through a huge hoopla of canceling academies, laying off, and rehiring trainees. Still does bring concern because CT is in a hot mess. I know a few people that were furloughed or their entire position was eliminated by the State.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CT state employment and budgets are a mess, but everyone is so understaffed that they absolutely have to hire. Both the Marshals and the DOC are starting up processes now, hoping to run academies this spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts