Jordan's Furniture - Lousy Customer Service | MassCops

Jordan's Furniture - Lousy Customer Service

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by New Hire, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

Gotta vent a little....

My girlfriend spent a BOAT load of $$$ on one of those king size "sleep number" beds. She specified on the order that there was to be NO set-up, just drop it off and go.

Drivers decide to not only put it togther but proceed to JAM it up the narrow stairway to her bedroom on the 2nd floor.

She gets home and there's paint on the edge of the mattress (from the wall) as well as black ink (on top) and staples coming out of the bottom edge. A call is placed to the "customer care" line which is returned (with a horribly rude attitude) 3 days later.

After she goes back and forth for about a week, speaking to one putz after another, they're picking up the bed tomorrow.

Not ONCE did they offer to come out and look at it, offer any kind of compesation, nothing! I

I was very surprised since I've only heard good things about this company....

okay, rant is now complete...

2. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

was it Jordan's employee's or sub contractors ?

3. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

the sub contractors assembled the bed and jammed it up the stairs....the Jordan's employees gave her the run around on the phone for about a week...

4. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Fluck them...I won't buy there ever again from my last experience.

Spent over 175K on furniture for my condo in Cambridge...wanted to charge extra because delivery was via a freight elevator...only at certain times of the day.... Eff You...either deliver it free or cancel the order.

They delivered it free...

5. HousingCop

HousingCop Czar of Cyncism and Satire

SOT, so when am I invited over? I want to see furniture which costs almost as much as the purchase price of my house!!!

Jordans subcontacts goons who's only attribute is a strong back. How are all the ex-cons going to find work if you guys keep complaining about them?

6. gooday

gooday New Member

First of all I do not believe for 1 minute that they insisted on delivering the bed, something is being left out. They get payed a percentage of the cost of the furniture on every successfull delivery. If you say leave it here and sign, that is a delivery. Who would bother working harder then they had to delivering up a tight stairway. Three percent of a bed ,ya lets get it in

I will tell you what happened they looked to see were it was going for your wife and she showed them. They told her they didnt think it would fit, and nobody ever told the drivers that it was a drop off delivery because they never do. She says to the men do you think you can get it up there and I'll throw you a few bucks. They say yes but it could wreck the walls. She states no I dont care about that I just need it up there. They go ahead and get it in causing damage to the wall and piece. Now you figure hell I told the sales person I wanted it dropped off so we should be able to get this fixed for free. Well it didnt work and now your pissed. By the way damages come out of the drivers pocket so the twenty they got for bringing it up wont cover the repairs.

Now for the future what these guys probably didnt know, What you need to do is get a moving pad or blanket and put it over the top of the box spring drapping it over the part that is going up or down first. The box spring apon delivery is usually in plastic. Now what happens is the box spring will slide along the pad even in pretty tight situations causing minimal to no damage to the wall or the product. The plastic makes it slide through easier and pad will stay in place. The boxspring does have a little give so it will slide through the pad unless it is not just a tight fit but a no fit. So when you exchange the piece which you can do ,tell them to grab plastic off the truck wrap it back up and do the exchange in this fashion and take your time. I delivered and moved furniture for many, many years and I was pretty good at it. I know what goes on to.

The only time I delivered close to 175k in furniture it was to an actual Aribic Prince in Cambridge and he did not tip. The only thing you get charged for a frieght elevator is the time delivery because you have to reserve the elevator. Fifty dollars , thats nothing to someone that can spend 175k.

I am also not an ex-con I'm a corrections officer and half of you would have quit the first hour of working with me like many others because the were out of shape and lazy and never did real labor like 25 stops down town to the fifth floor in a heat wave. but when you need the money its worth it. Some guys doing the job are pill poppers do to back pain but not all ,and the ex-cons cant hang in that buissness because its real work and they are out of shape. We started at five in the morning to load the truck Tuesday through saturday and got done around five at night.Junkies dont last those hours. Dont piss on the blue collar guys that work for a living ,I did it for ten years before I went to my no labor job just like you guys. Anyone wants to see what a day in boston in the north end with a 28 foot long 12 foot high truck delivering sleep soffas and entertainment centers to the fifth floor all day is like be my guest. Most wont make it . By the way your not paid by the hour so no stopping on flights, thats for rookies. Straight up or nothing time is money.

7. Simon

Simon Guest

Woah...........

8. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

Nope...just don't want someone else to deal with useless crap if they don't have to...

For the record: my girlfriend was at work when they delivered the bed. NO ONE told them to assemble it...

call this a "heads-up" thread...

9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

sounds like Jordan's went cheap and hired a sub-par contractor.

like gooday , i worked as a mover for a long time and it does take some skill or at least experience to move furniture without damage to the merchandise or property.

Jordan's is not cheap and they should hire decent help.

10. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Lemme guess ESL for you gooday?

11. girlcop21

girlcop21 MassCops Member

something is missing to this story...

back in the day I used to work for the original company that manufactures/sells the sleep number beds (Select Comfort). One of the major marketing pieces was that you can get this bed into any space, up any staircase. Unless they have drastically changed the design, those beds come delivered in a box which you then assemble in your home (ie; no box springs to carry, no large mattress to jam up the stairs...) The "mattress" is an air chamber and the "box spring" is a platform made of basically heavy plastic which is also contained in a box; you just carry the boxes to your bedroom and assemble it there. Either these delivery guys are just that dumb or there is a missing piece to this story.

12. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Jordan's has a delivery window policy between x and y hours.
    As the freight elevator use was during 6-9am and 5pm-8pm, that was outside their delivery windows they wanted extra I guess to hire people that could make it at that specific time. To that end I said no.

13. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

SOT, I find it disappointing that you didn't tip Gooday for that delivery...:p </IMG>

14. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

Girlcop21,

Nothing missing from this story and everything you said above is true, including the part about the delivery guys.

The order clearly read "no set-up" because my girlfriend didn't want what happened to happen..

15. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

that's why I get my stuff at yard sales.

16. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

I just wait till spriing when all the college kids put theyre stuff on the curb:mrgreen:

17. Jeepy

Jeepy Guest

How did they deliver furniture while she was at work? Did you just leave them a set of keys to go into your house while nobody was home?

Something IS missing.

18. John27

John27 New Member

Just think if the Red Sox win the title this year its free!

19. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

Her mother let them into their house.

20. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

So whats your number? Mine is 50.:unsure:

21. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

I only tip for good service.

22. Dr.Magoo

Dr.Magoo Subscribing Member

Well, well, the mother was there. That would be your future mother-in-law which will explain a lot. :)

My personal experience with Jordan's has been nothing but professional. Hope their service isn't starting to tank.

Message to Gooday: Lighten up FRANCIS! :D

23. RCPD33

RCPD33 Subscribing Member

Call Barry and Elliot and tell them about it. Maybe they'll take you on one of their vacations with all the rest of employees.

24. girlcop21

girlcop21 MassCops Member

LOL you can really get some good stuff, especially if you can find out where all the international grads were living... they don't bother taking half their stuff with them because they are too lazy to ship it back home and they know mommy and daddy will buy them new stuff anyway.

25. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Fancy shmancy yard sales.. Hoity toity furniture stores.. Ya'll are pampered.

I got 2 words.. Land & Fills.. Good stuff cheap and you can drink beer while you shop w/o being judged....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.