'John Doe' found naked and murdered in 1974 ID'd after 37 years as Marine branded as deserter | MassCops

'John Doe' found naked and murdered in 1974 ID'd after 37 years as Marine branded as deserter

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Mar 20, 2012.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

• [​IMG]
      Long Beach Police Department
      A body found naked in 1974 at a California condominium complex is a U.S. Marine from Iowa who had been listed as a deserter from Camp Pendleton, authorities said yesterday.
    A body found naked in 1974 at a California condominium complex is a U.S. Marine from Iowa who had been listed as a deserter from Camp Pendleton, authorities said yesterday.
    The man known for more than 37 years as 'John Doe No. 155' is Oral Stuart Jr of Des Moines, Long Beach police said in a statement.
    His cause of death, previously listed as undetermined, has been reclassified as a homicide.
    The body of Stuart, who was 18 when he disappeared, was found on November 10, 1974, in the carport area of an apartment complex near Interstate 605, police said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/20/john-doe-found-naked-and-murdered-in-174-idd-after-37-years-as-marine-branded/?test=latestnews#ixzz1pfg7GP3N

2. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

Wow..closure for the family and the clearing of his reputation. RIP Marine

3. corsair

corsair Guest

RIP Marine.
    Semper Fidelis

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

RIP Marine.

But seriously, Long Beach PD....you find the body of a naked man in a carport who was killed by blunt force trauma and list the cause of death as "undetermined" for over 30 years?

I know I'm not a detective, but geesh......:confused:

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  5. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

RIP Sir. Glad to see he'll be receiving the honor he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

That he went unidentified for 30 years is disturbing. I know technology then wasn't nearly as good as it is now, but according to the article he was found about 50 miles from the base. I would have thought that someone would have done a little checking to see if the unidentified person that they had matched any missing person's reports.

Rest in Peace.

Delta784 likes this.