Jay Severin indefinitely suspended by ’TKK | Page 2 | MassCops

Jay Severin indefinitely suspended by ’TKK

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Apr 1, 2011.

1. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Wonderful. Now we can listen to Bower talk about his favorite iced coffee for 4 hours. Luckily I have a backlog of podcasts to listen to.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

2. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

3. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Conservative or lib, Severin is a creep and just plain creepy! (my humble opinion)
    Much like 5811, I can't stand listening to that raging homo Batchelor, I turned the dial long ago. Any station with those 2 lib nutbags Jim and Margery is not worthy of airtime.

4. GeepNutt

GeepNutt MassCops Member

Jay's show was enjoyable way back in the "Extreme Games" days.

The last few years it became evident (although he'd never adimit it) that the tone of the show was being driven along the PC lines by management. After they syndication experiment it seemed as the management had him by the short hairs and the show was never as edgy as it once was.

Once it became The View on radio it was just too painful to listen to.

5. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

I agree his show has tanked over the last couple years. and when they added Bower the show . . .
    [​IMG]

6. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Actually we should all listen to Bower...for a little while anyway. Think of all the great material masscops members critiquing "Bower the Replacement'. We can give runing commentary on it's unrelenting vanilla lameness. I tried listening again today, his show is so bad that it borders on camp, like the last unfunny SNL skit you'd see at 12:55AM..

7. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

I used to listen to all the shows, minus Jim and Margery. Now, I've swapped to WRKO for Laura Ingraham, Michele McPhee, Howie Carr, and Michael Savage.

Graham is annoying and paints all public employees with a broad brush. Are there lazy and unethical public workers? Yes, but show me the percentage is higher than any other sector. Graham is like a broken record they should can him too.

The most my radio is on WTKK now is listening to the last part of John Batchelor and then Phil Hendrie. I like Hendrie's show, it a nice mix of commentary on current events, politics, and very comical when real callers argue with the fake characters he pretends to interview.

I'll be curious to see if Severin remains in this market? Morning drive and a replacement for Felon Finneran would be a nice change or back to afternoon if Howie leaves as there have been some rumors of him doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Even swap, Howie for Severin?

9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Even swap, Howie for Severin?

+1

i'd take that trade :shades_smile:

another vote for John Batchelor.

yeah, he sounds like a flaming homo, but if you want to know whats going on in the rest of the world he pretty good.

something to listen to on the way home from 2nd shift.

10. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

The John Batchelor show is a good change from all the usual talk shows. Good analysis of current events. It is also nice to not have people calling in who think geopolitical issues has something to do with the Geo subdivision of GMC.

11. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Host of options for WTKK after Jay Severin

Longtime yakker fired

[​IMG] By Jessica Heslam
    Thursday, April 7, 2011

WTKK’s firing of controversial talk jock Jay Severin — suspended last week after boasting of the bevy of ex-employees he allegedly bedded — touched off speculation yesterday about who will replace him in afternoon-drive.
    While experts suggested several names and scenarios, one thing was clear: Severin’s successor won’t get paid the $1 million a year salary he’s enjoyed since 2006 — when he inked a lucrative seven-year deal before the economy and his ratings tanked.
    Media analyst Brian Maloney said WTKK-FM (96.9) execs could move midmorning host Michael Graham into Severin’s old slot. Or, the station could save dough and air a syndicated show.

Full Story:
    Host of options for WTKK after Jay Severin - BostonHerald.com

12. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

The beginning of the end is when the dumped Michele McFee (regardless of how annoying her voice is to some). But because he bragged about sleeping with several youngs women? He may have been full of it but he did not use any profanity when he described it. That was seriously lame. Not that I have any intention of listening to TKK agin but if they pick up that asshole Carr, then I will never listen to it. I hope Jay goes to RKO.