Jay Severin indefinitely suspended by ’TKK | MassCops

Jay Severin indefinitely suspended by ’TKK

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

WTKK radio has indefinitely suspended button-pushing, talk jock Jay Severin — nearly two years after yanking him off the air for a month following his crude remarks about Mexican immigrants on his afternoon-drive show.

“Jay was suspended after we received serious complaints about the recent content of his show,” the station said in a statement today. “The matter is currently under review.”

WTKK-FM (96.9) spokeswoman Heidi Raphael would not elaborate but said Severin was suspended Wednesday.

Jay Severin indefinitely suspended by 'TKK - BostonHerald.com

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Anyone know what he said to get this suspension?

2. 5-0

5-0 Guest

what. the. FUCK

3. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

The only reason I still turn on WTKK is for Jay and the late night John Batchelor radio show. I used to listen to it exclusively years ago, now it basically sucks. Everyone I liked has left. I tend to tune in to WRKO, for Laura Ingraham, Michelle McPhee, and yes even Tom & Tod. Howie drives me up the wall.

4. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

Jay needs to leave this 969 for good, and get a gig at 1200AM there conservative line up on the radio is unbelievable.

5. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Same here, I mostly listen to WTAG and WRKO now. WTAG had Glen Beck and Rush.

6. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

WTAG still has Beck and Rush, unless I missed something today. I never understood how Jay could make it out there in the Boston area with the amount of liberal moonbats out there that cant stand the truth.

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

First Michele McPhee and now Jay Severin....looks like Howie Carr may want to re-think his decision to go to WTKK as soon as his WRKO contract is up, because it seems like WTKK is determined to torpedo itself.

8. AOfficer2009

AOfficer2009 MassCops Member

What. The. Fuck, is right.

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

From the Heralds website:

"Severin’s suspension came after he said during Monday’s show that when he owned his own company, he hired “mostly attractive young women” and had sex with nearly all of them over two decades. “I slept with virtually every young college girl I hired to be an intern or an employee for my firm,” Severin said, according to audio of the show. “All I was was a young man who was the boss and I did it because I could.”

Severin made the comments while defending American Apparel chief Dov Charney, who is being sued for sexual harassment by a number of female ex-employees, whom Severin called “whores” and “liars.”

9. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The liberal radio hosts also called George Bush's daughters "whores" and "sluts" and also wish death upon people that don't have the same political view as they do, however this is perfectly acceptable to the left.

10. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Sorry it should have read HAS not had.

11. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Have you ever got a look at Severin, this is the only way he could get laid.

12. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Now I don't believe that for a second. Try as you might, you'll never kill the fantasy baby.

13. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

I'm guessing they want to force him out because of his big salary, they knew his persona when they hired him. The problem is they'll have to replace him with an equally big personality. Those ham and egger fill ins are as exciting as a rock in the rain.

14. cc3915

New details and audio on Severin's suspension

A few new details have emerged behind this weeks' suspension of Jay Severin, the right-wing talk show host on Boston's WTKK-FM radio station. In talking about a lawsuit involving a CEO being sued for sexual harassment by two former female employees, Severin said he had slept with his own interns and didn't understand the fuss: "We'd have drinks together at the end of the day and we'd spend the night together. I should feel badly about that?" The highly-paid drive-time host, who was pulled off the air in 2009 for calling Mexican immigrants "primitives," "leeches," and exporters of "women with mustaches and VD," has been suspended again, indefinitely, according to a station spokeswoman. "Jay was suspended after we received serious complaints about the recent content of his show," said Heidi Raphael of Greater Media Inc.

New details and audio on Severin's suspension - The Names Blog - Boston.com

15. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

This. TKK has wanted to put Michael Graham on afternoon drive and got buyer's remorse on Jay not long after signing his last contract. An alterior motive should be made clear by the fact thesr are comments he's made in the past, coupled with the fact they began neutering his show with that Bowers guy as a co-host.

I liked TKK's mix of personalities. But with Michele gone and Severin soon to follow, I barely listen at all anymore. And with John Batchelor's show available in it entirety as a podcast, I don't even need to tune in at all.

16. BrickCop

I liked Michelle McPhee's viewpoints and commentary but I could not listen to that dentist drill voice for more than three sentences. Too bad MM doesn't have Demi Moore's smokey voice...I could listen for hours.

Note: I know Demi is a flaming Lib...just talking about the sound of her voice not endorsing her moon-batiness.

17. cc3915

Just do what I do. When Michelle is on, I run the audio through my voice changing device and wallah!!

18. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

All he had to do was say, "I'm David Letterman, and Whoops! Sorry!" and he'd be JUST FINE.

19. OCKS

OCKS Guest

I met him in person at one of his remote shows, funny guy, always backed the cops.
    But enough was enough. These guys aways are pushing it to the edge. If he did bed all his employees (which I doubt) I really don't want to hear about it. He is best a political diccussion.

20. BrickCop

I wouldn't have a problem with the bragging if I actually believed that he did it.

I like edgy radio. I kid you not that on the ride home today I heard his fill in complaining about being charged extra for cream cheese on his bagel- I could not spin the dial fast enough.

21. OCKS

OCKS Guest

maybe it's jealosy:smoke:

22. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

WTKK Severs Ties With Jay Severin

Severin Radio Show Content Under Fire

[​IMG]

BOSTON -- Boston radio talk show host Jay Severin has been fired from WTKK, Greater Media said Wednesday.
    Last week, the controversial radio host was suspended after serious complaints about the content of a recent show.
    "Greater Media today ended its relationship with Jay Severin. Our company has always encouraged a free and open dialogue on a variety of issues and topics, and we will continue to be guided by that principle. But we also demand that our on-air talent maintain an appropriate level of civility, and adhere to a standard that respects our listeners and the public at large," Greater Media said in a statement.

Full Story:
    WTKK Severs Ties With Jay Severin - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Looks like I'm erasing 96.9 from my radio pre-sets.

This is the last straw.....good job, WTKK; you just lost a listener for good.

24. cc3915

+1

Hopefully he'll turn up somewhere.

25. AOfficer2009

AOfficer2009 MassCops Member

WTKK emailed me this today.

Greater Media's Statement Regarding Jay Severin:
    "Greater Media today ended its relationship with Jay Severin. Our company has always encouraged a free and open dialogue on a variety of issues and topics, and we will continue to be guided by that principle. But we also demand that our on-air talent maintain an appropriate level of civility, and adhere to a standard that respects our listeners and the public at large.

Jay Severin has been an important part of what we have accomplished with WTKK since its inception in 2000 and for that we are grateful and wish him well in future endeavors. Unfortunately, it had become clear at several points in the past two years that Jay was either unwilling or unable to maintain our standards on the air. It's for that reason we have made the decision to end our relationship.
    In the interim, Michael Bower will be assuming the on-air duties from 2 to 6 p.m. each day on WTKK while we review our long-term programming plans for that time slot."

Please direct all email inquiries to [email protected]