January '08 State Police Academy | MassCops

January '08 State Police Academy

Discussion in 'Maine' started by FutureMaineTrooper, May 14, 2007.

1. Hey everyone, just registered. I was just curious if anyone here is applying for the January '08 State Police Academy. I am taking the ALERT and PAT June 6th. I'm pretty pumped about it, and would like to hear from anyone else in the same boat. Thanks!

2. chief

chief MassCops Member

GOOD LUCK " kID

3. tigerwoody

tigerwoody MassCops Member

Took both of them a few years ago. I took the oral board and failed it. it was pretty hard but then again it was my second oral board so i was nervous and didnt know how to answer. i know better now. i decided ME wasnt a place for me to live, only vacation, so i decided not to retake the oral board again. the MSP are pretty squared away though and a good dept to work for. i talked to a trooper on the side of the road while i was on the way to vasselboro who came from worcester and he was on the K9 unit after only 2 years! good luck to you!

4. PearlOnyx

PearlOnyx Subscribing Member

Has Maine SP improved their pay at all in recent years? I thought about applying when I lived up there a few years ago. I think they were only making around $13-$14 per hour at that time.

5. tigerwoody

tigerwoody MassCops Member

The trooper i talked to two years ago made $19.72/hr after 5 years on the force. Sometimes you have to sacrifice pay for advancement to a specialized unit he said.

6. OutOfManyOne

OutOfManyOne New Member

Look at VT and NHSP, much better pay than ME.