Jan Brewer denies deferred action recipients drivers’ licenses; will other governors follow suit? | MassCops

Jan Brewer denies deferred action recipients drivers’ licenses; will other governors follow suit?

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by kwflatbed, Aug 16, 2012.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer speaks to the media after arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court, on April 25, 2012 in Washington, …

A group of young illegal immigrants in Phoenix, Arizona was preparing for a rally on Wednesday evening to celebrate the first day they were allowed to apply for relief from deportation and a two-year work permit under President Obama's deferred action plan. But a half hour before the 5 pm rally was to begin, a young member of the Arizona Dreamer Coalition started crying. "Guys, we have really bad news," she said, according to another activist, Erika Andiola, who was there.
    Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer had released a strongly-worded executive order preventing deferred action recipients from obtaining drivers' licenses or any other unspecified "public benefits" in her state, renewing her public spat with the White House over illegal immigration.
    The celebration stopped. Instead, Andiola and 100 other people turned their rally into a march to the Capitol to protest the move, and about 30 people stayed overnight.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...on-recipients-drivers-licenses-164837285.html

2. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Certainly not Deval.

Marks72 likes this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Jan's my hero.

Marks72 likes this.
  4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

If they want to go through the process to be an American citizen I'm all for that. Fast tracking them is an insult to all the legal immigrants that came before them.

mtc, Delta784 and Marks72 like this.
  5. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

Thats a smart move on her part. I'm sure the Justice Department is going to file a law suit agaist her. I hope POTUS is told he don't have the power to do what he just did by the S.J.C.

Marks72 and MSP75 like this.
  6. Marks72

Marks72 Appreciative Member

Irregardless, male or female, nice to see a Gov. with some balls. My hero too.

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Has there been a more contentious issue since the Civil War between the feds and state governments?

8. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I think she and Sherrif Joe would make great Romney Cabinet positions