Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got sworn in tonight! I post the link to the pictures when I get it :) But for now...this is me: :vcop: (with longer hair and a smile!)

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
way to go kate! congrads!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats again Kate.

Nice pictures. Just a couple of questions from the pics . . . :mrgreen:

- Who's the guy hanging around to the left of the podium (from the audience's view)? Was that a candidate that didn't make it thru the academy? ;-)

- I see that you're already pointing fingers at your superior officers! ;)

- Too bad that they didn't do the ceremony in uniform and pin the badge on. I guess that they only do that on huge departments (e.g. NYPD, Boston, etc). My appointment as a Special PO was much like yours, we were called up (in civies) and handed our badges (don't recall what else, it was way back in 1978 . Never thought to have any pictures taken either. Even when I attended the contract acceptance/swearing in of our current chief some 15 years ago, it was essentially the same as what I went thru in 1978 .

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone :) I really appreciate all the help and support I've gotten here!

In response LenS - The guy hanging..well, I'm not allowed to talk about him...in fact, I've said too much!

I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone, I was conveying a message! Obviously!

Yeah I didn't have a uniform yet...in fact I got fitted today (I forgot how high a my natural waist is!)...the promotions they did (sgt. and lt.) they were wearing their uniforms...so it was nice...but not me :)

·
Banned
340 Posts
How did it feel? I bet you're on cloud 9 right about now. Stay safe and stay motivated, should you ever make chief in like a year or two...you know I always loved you, right? Congrats Kttref!:BNANA:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.