Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dispatchers where i work often lament about different aspects of their job. i am curious if you have any organizations similar to the Mass Police Association and F.O.P. that advocate for you and your peers..
do you have a way to compare each others pay and benifits for contract negotiations ? it seems like being a member of a large bargaining unit like AFSCME is a waste. if you don't already have a public safety communications union in Massachusetts, why not ??
seems like you would all benefit if you communicated regularly with each other and formed a statewide organization that tends to your concerns only- the mega unions are out of touch.. would MPA represent you ??

Posted Sat September 11, 2004 8:21 pm:

Your response could generate some Masscops discussion and be interesting and helpful to you and your colleagues. Exchanging ideas can be the start of something. You have a tough job, be proud of it - step up and comment. thanks :)

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Read the post attention all dispatchers in this section.

·
Registered
447 Posts
On the State level there is the Massachusetts Communications Officers Association (MCOA). I am a past Secretary for the MCOA and I have not heard much from them since I have been in Kuwait. There is also the Massachusetts Communications Supervisors Association talked about above.

On the National level there is the Association of Public Safety Communications Officals (APCO) and the National Emerency Number Association (NENA)

·
Registered
72 Posts
MCOA41 - two thumbs up for your service to the USA in Kuwait - hope you are doing well and please be assured that your efforts are respected and appreciated by all good Americans - thank you !!!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
MCOA has seemed to drop off the face of the earth. The web page has been down for months. When I went to a MCSA meeting recently, they said that MCOA is no more and most of the members have joined them. There is also a small group called Western Mass Emergency Telecommunicators Association (WMETA) www.wmeta.org

MCOA41";p="51063 said:
On the State level there is the Massachusetts Communications Officers Association (MCOA). I am a past Secretary for the MCOA and I have not heard much from them since I have been in Kuwait. There is also the Massachusetts Communications Supervisors Association talked about above.

On the National level there is the Association of Public Safety Communications Officals (APCO) and the National Emerency Number Association (NENA)
(WMETA)

·
Registered
72 Posts
mcoa - no, we thank you ! hang in there and be safe - we support you and give you two thumbs up ! you will be home soon ! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.