Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kenneth, I’m an international student living in Natick.

I am wondering if it’s illegal to stare someone for a very long time with the intent to make someone uncomfortable or leave?

Sadly, my roommate has been acting up and starts to stare at me while smiling. I find it very disturbing and uncomfortable, this is not the first time. I’ve worked in the same place as him at school, and he has done this before too. I told him to stop but he didn’t and he knows that it makes me uncomfortable too.

So, I wanted to know if there’s something like a law to prevent this? Honestly, I understand that staring is harmless, but I don’t know his intention to escalate it further. I’m a bit scared and paranoid.

· Registered
2,290 Posts

· Premium Member
6,295 Posts
My daughter had a roommate that would take her underwear and socks, wear them and then put them in my daughter's laundry basket. It gets really expensive buying new underwear every couple weeks because someone else decided to wear it when you were out. People are weird. Go to your RA, document it and tell them you want to change rooms. Then you'll have to go to whoever it is that deals with housing. There's a process. It was a pain in the ass at her school, but she did eventually move in with someone who didn't try to fit her size 16 rear into my daughter's size10 underwear.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter had a roommate that would take her underwear and socks, wear them and then put them in my daughter's laundry basket. It gets really expensive buying new underwear every couple weeks because someone else decided to wear it when you were out. People are weird. Go to your RA, document it and tell them you want to change rooms. Then you'll have to go to whoever it is that deals with housing. There's a process. It was a pain in the ass at her school, but she did eventually move in with someone who didn't try to fit her size 16 rear into my daughter's size10 underwear.
Wow. That's even worse imo.

About the housing, it's an apartment we both co-lease. I am already planning to move out anyway and am currently in the process. I suppose he just wants to make this very uncomfortable for me or has a power trip.

· Administrator
648 Posts
Keep your stuff locked up. If he's still a student you might report his odd behavior to your advisor or someone.
Maybe he needs psychological services the school should provide 🤷‍♀️

· Retired Fed, Active Special
8,898 Posts
In this day and age, I might at least document it with somebody. If you guys are still in school, maybe Health Services or Public Safety. Good Luck, get away ASAP.

Reactions: CCCSD
1 - 6 of 6 Posts