Is It Ethical to Use Killer Robots in Battlefield of War? | Page 2 | MassCops

Is It Ethical to Use Killer Robots in Battlefield of War?

Discussion in 'Military News' started by CJIS, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

I'll take a note of that. Cheers dcs

2. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

It's about time some of this fantastic technology is actually put to great use.

Make it an extra credit program for some of the kids at MIT. The USA would rule the world if we would just let the geeks have some of the control ;-)

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Fixed it for you.

But French robots will wave white flags and travel only in reverse.

4. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

I had this quote in my signature up until a few days ago:
    Robots are tools of war, and no matter how you break it down, a robot is simply the same as a rifle, warship, or predator drone--at their core, they are all operated by humans.

Additionally, I think a lot of time we think of warfare as "Soldier A kills Solider B", and place robots into that equation. Warfare is much more compliacted than that, and it's important to remeber that human targets are not always the goal. If a robot drone blows up an ammo factory, I fail to see how an ethical argument even has the slightest foundation.

5. Pats2009

Pats2009 New Member

March 3March 3 [​IMG]
    "Why? Why was I programmed to feel pain?!"-The Simpson's Quote

6. Bsafe

Bsafe MassCops Member

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

7. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

8. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

instead of robots, we could just flatten the whole country in question with stupid amounts of bombs...maybe a trillion? then we live in happy peace for another two years until it's N korea or china we have to implode :)

9. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Like when they fought in Vietnam with bright white hats all the enemy would have to do is kill the commanding officer of an infantry and they all would run like beiatches!!!

[​IMG]

10. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Un maned aircraft are great for recon, robot-type systems used by EOD keeps our EOD guys as safe as posible, why not look into more robot uses? Bringing back MY SOLIDERS has always been my first priority, 1Mil $ robot destroyed on a battle field is always better then 1 solider killed on the battlefield.

11. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

no problem here.

in fact the less Americans that get hurt the better

12. Pats2009

Pats2009 New Member

Didn't General Patton predict something to effect that humans would one day be replaced in battle by machines or something ...? Maybe somebody could confirm this.

13. JF5

JF5 MassCops Member

Hey all...check out this!

Wouldn't it be nice?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-QP8s1ZJc&feature=related"]YouTube- fastest gun, 36 barrels.[/nomedia]