Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago my cousin bought a brand new 2011 Hyundai Elantra and things were fine for about a month then it's all downhill, i'm not sure exactly what parts they were but when he brought it to the dealer ,each time it was an all day affair , anyhow , four different times they just couldn't fix the problem , this was over a course of 6 weeks, so finally one day he dropped it off to them in the AM and thought nothing of it , once again they had it all day, so he called them wanting to know the status , they told him they had the car repoed and it was sent back to the factory , clearly they couldn't fix the issue so they just got rid of it and figured he would go away, ( my cousin by the way can't be bothered with it anymore and says its easier to give up then to fight, i disagree) now his credit is affected and Hyundai could careless , is this conisdered to be a lemon( is it a good idea / bad idea to seek an attorney) seeing not only the problem couldn't be fixed but it went back to the dealer four different times and still no remedy. Thank you for taking the time in reading this.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Seeing as he brought it to a Hyundai dealership as opposed to a jiffy lube, and they weren't able to diagnose a problem with their own car, I would look for a second opinion. What type of problem is it? Electrical? Power train? Online automotive forums are a lot of help as well. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Still under warranty?

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's still under warranty although,it's to late now the assholes took the car , theyve had it for about 6 months now.

I believe it was the powertain although i could be wrong .thanks for your reply.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What isn't the whole story , the fact they took the car and left him high and dry or what i posted , not sure what you mean ?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yeah they can't keep your vehicle without supplying you with a rental or at least a reason

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
Dealership service departments can't just "have cars repossessed." Repossessions only happen when someone is in default of their financial obligation to their lender, I.E. the bank that gave them the loan on the car. Past due payments, typically when the default goes to 90 days, lenders will hook the car.

Having an attorney for that will do little, most retail installment contracts have a "no arbitration" clause, and believe me, lenders have attorneys that specialize in this stuff.

G

·
What isn't the whole story , the fact they took the car and left him high and dry or what i posted , not sure what you mean ?
Yea. I call BS. Not calling you a BSer, but this is not the entire truthful story.

Know what it's called when a dealer disposes of your car without your permission: larceny.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
Yea. I call BS. Not calling you a BSer, but this is not the entire truthful story.

Know what it's called when a dealer disposes of your car without your permission: larceny.
+1

Your cousin isn't telling you the whole story. This would be a huge PR mess just waiting to happen. What dealership is it anyway?

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealership service departments can't just "have cars repossessed." Repossessions only happen when someone is in default of their financial obligation to their lender, I.E. the bank that gave them the loan on the car. Past due payments, typically when the default goes to 90 days, lenders will hook the car.

Having an attorney for that will do little, most retail installment contracts have a "no arbitration" clause, and believe me, lenders have attorneys that specialize in this stuff.
So what's his next move , if any, they just can't get away with this, this is America and it's insane , the longer no one is holding them accountable, i know if it were me i would have unloaded on them a long time ago, he procrastinated now it's biting him in the ass, one thing i never did was put things off.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom Obrien i believe in Quincy, i can tell you for sure its on the corner of Washington st and Southern Artery

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,756 Posts
So what's his next move , if any, they just can't get away with this, this is America and it's insane , the longer no one is holding them accountable, i know if it were me i would have unloaded on them a long time ago, he procrastinated now it's biting him in the ass, one thing i never did was put things off.
I think you still kinda jumped over the point that they think you cousin isn't being honest with you. He may not have a next "move".

Reactions: Hank Moody

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HUSKY - granted he may not but at the end of the day, two points they're still getting away with it and he has no vehicle and somewhere in between they stomped on his rights, i'm asking this now not making a statement , did they ?

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
HUSKY - granted he may not but at the end of the day, two points they're still getting away with it and he has no vehicle and somewhere in between they stomped on his rights, i'm asking this now not making a statement , did they ?
What rights? No one can answer the question because there is doubt that your cousin is telling you whole story. Did he stop paying his car payment in protest? They lizard licked his car then.

Reactions: USMCMP5811
G

·
You used the word "repoed". Is that the word your cousin used? I'll call that a Freudian Slip.

Tell him to pay his bills.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,756 Posts
What rights? No one can answer the question because there is doubt that your cousin is telling you whole story. Did he stop paying his car payment in protest? They lizard licked his car then.
The fact that "he can't be bothered" with retrieving his wrongfully taken car, is also pretty strange coop.

Reactions: USMCMP5811

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're right, afterall how can you not be, it's valid typically dealers, / banks don't repo unless you stop making your payments, however from what he's told me right along and his stroy never once changed he called the dealer and they told him the car was sent bakc to the factory and its been 2 years , from my experience if you're telling the truth you don't need to remember anything, something is amiss.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GMASS - the dealer used the word "repoed" when he spoke to them over the phone, also i am with you HUSKY seeing that, it makes sense to go after a car that supposedly was repoed yet give up on it can only raise suspicion.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.