Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Irish have over the years made a tremendous contribution to the establishement of Police and Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the world, especially in the 'new' countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and probably more so in America.

The influence of the Irish still continues in many Police Forces throughout the world, with many IrishCops still carrying on the family tradition by joining 'The Force'

Boston is a good old Irish Town and when I read of the appointment of it's first female Police Commissioner, I wondered to myself if there was by any chance a bit of Irish in her, and then I saw her name!

Kathleen O'Toole - Need I say anymore? :wink:

Congratulations Kathleen O'Toole, you have done well for yourself.

I'm guessing that there would be a fair few IrishCops who are members of MassCops.Com and it would be interesting to hear of their Irish Ancestry and when their Ancestors set sail from the Mother Country and landed in America.

I immigrated from Ireland to Australia in 1964 at the age of 19. I first joined the Australian Defence Forces and then an Australian State Police Force. I have been in unifrom for 40 years and I am still a serving Police Officer.

Anyhow, I posted the above to encourage a bit of the craic and who knows where it will take us. :wink:

Cheers,

JohnKelly
IrishCop
Australia

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
As my screen name might indicate I am extremely proud of my Irish heritage. My great grandparents immigrated to the US during the Potato Famine. My father always raised me to believe that there is more to being Irish than drinking Guinness and Jameson's on St. Patty's Day (not that there's anything wrong with that). He told me that being Irish meant that my ancestors were hard working, duty bound, religious people and that historically the Irish have sacrificed for the greater good of their family.

Although neither of my parents or my grandparents worked in law enforcement I was taught to always fight for those who are unable to fight for themselves and that how much money one makes in life is nothing compared to what one accomplished in life. I'm sure this had a factor in me choosing this career.

In closing...... Erin go braugh!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.