17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SRR Traffic Safety Consulting
198 East Street
Easthampton, MA 01027-1212
413-527-6072 Office
413-527-3351 Fax
[email protected]

Chief Anthony Riello, Officers Marc Maddellena, Charles Bassett and the Pittsfield Police Department, will host the one-day workshop entitled, Investigating the DWI Crash on Monday, August 4, 2003. The price of this workshop is $129 per person or if two or more attend from the same agency, the price is $109 per person.

Aside from officer safety, which is paramount, the actual act of arresting a drunk driver is a relatively simple procedure. However, if the case goes to trial, we know from experience that a defense attorney through cross-examination, is going to bring everything that we did, and did not do, into question in an effort to create reasonable doubt so that his/her client will walk away. In order to help prevent this from happening as often, this course will cover the following and more:

*What are the Potential Defenses in the Case?
*Taking Effective Statements
*Determining Who was the Driver
*Slamming the Door on the Two-beer Defense
*Securing Toxicological Evidence
*Vehicle Data Collection Systems (Black Boxes)
*Developing Trial Exhibits at the Scene
*Investigative Activities that Build Credibility
*Documenting Your Qualifications as a Witness
*Preparing the Case for Trial

What law enforcement professionals around Massachusetts are saying about "Investigating the DWI Crash":

"100 times better than anything I've seen offered over my career." Sgt. Robert Dunlap, Natick, MA Police Department

"This is the best DWI crash investigation course I have ever had in my entire career of 16 years." Officer Kimberly Doughty, Stow, MA Police Department

"I would highly recommend this class to others, and would not hesitate to take another one of your classes." Detective Kevin Heffernan, Acton, MA Police Department

This course is eligible for 6 ACTAR CEUs

If you are interested in receiving a course flier and registration form for this workshop, please request the same by emailing us at [email protected]

If you wish to be added to our growing email data base in relation to upcoming training please request the same by emailing us at [email protected] as well.

Training will also be listed on the LEAPS NEWS file.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts