Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Anyway you slice it, the questions sucks. I was told (before I had any clue what I was getting into) to be honest. Period. I was; I got hired by two NH departments. Let me tell you, my answers weren't "spit and polish" at all.

DWI situation you spoke of was "your brother" They kept changing the scenario all the way to a fatal accident (one of his passengers). The whole time I was saying that I can not and will not arrest my brother. I would immediately call in another department (due to being a one horse town) to take it over (for the more serious scenarios), and whatever they do, they do. I just wouldn't put the Habius Grabus on him. My personal beliefs, my own answer. I got hired.
Say what you think is best to say, that way there's no one else at fault if you don't get hired! :wink:

Whatever you choose to say, best of luck with it.

· Registered
86 Posts
devil's advocate says....

"There's no superivsor on tonight, and you're the senior man. What are you gonna do now?"

or

"You're the only officer on shift, so you have to make the call."

I've had both. They both suck. There were more, too. It just keeps going. Make quick decisions, back them up. If you do something-Anything-on the street, can you back it up? That's what I've had explained to me by those who ask just those questions.

· Registered
86 Posts
The closer the question gets to you (the interviewee), the tougher it gets; its your old friend or neighbor, then its your good friend, then its your boss, then its your mother/father/brother/sister.

The referenced person seems to change the game. My answeres would change in the above-mentioned list.

I wouldn't lose my job for certain people's f-ups, but for some I'd risk it for sure. ...just me

· Registered
86 Posts
"You find your good friend (doing XYZ)....."

"If they're that good of a friend, they wouldn't put me in that position in the first place. If they did (put me in the situation), they'd understand what I had to do."

Again, actual answer.

I totally agree with you.
As I said, most of that was as "Devil's Advocate"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.