This was in several papers over Labor Day weekend. If you would like more information, PM me.
GREENFIELD COMMUNITY COLLEGEOne College Drive
Phone: (413) 775-1313; Fax: (413) 775-1329
Email: [email protected]
Institutional Security Officer I - one-year, temporary, part-time, benefited AFSCME unit position, Grade 8 (24 hours per week)
$267.58 per week. (Candidates may qualify for placement beyond entry-level salary if they are currently employed in the state system and transfer without a break in service, subject to verification by the Director of Human Resources.)
- Patrols assigned areas by bicycle, patrol car, or on foot;
- Performs periodic rounds and security checks;
- Determines the extent of violations and notifies appropriate authorities;
- Takes steps to effectively handle or control emergency situations including administering first aid, summoning assistance, directing traffic, and participating in searches;
- Prepares reports and logs;
- Inspects fire fighting and other safety apparatus such as fire extinguishers;
- Responds to inquiries on matters such as travel routes, parking, etc.;
- Operates two-way radios and other dispatching equipment;
- Locks and unlocks doors, and ;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Giving oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner;
- Dealing tactfully with others so as to maintain harmonious working relationships;
- Dealing effectively with people under physical and/or emotional stress;
- Making decisions and acting quickly in emergency and dangerous situations;
- Gathering information through observation and questioning individuals and through examining records and documents
- Maintaining a calm manner in stressful and emergency situations;
- Exercising discretion with confidential information and using sound judgment;
- Following oral and written instructions;
- Preparing general reports and maintaining accurate records;
- Accurately recording oral information;
- Assembling information in accordance with established procedures;
- Reading and interpreting documents such as maps, charts, building plans, etc.
- Establishing a rapport with persons from different ethnic, cultural and/or economic backgrounds;
- Adapting to varying work situations;
- Operating a motor vehicle;
- Associate's degree
- Basic Reserve Intermittent Police Academy certification or higher;
- Previous work experience in a college campus setting in the security/safety/dispatch field;
- Intermediate level computer skills or better;
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and/or global multiculturalism.
Hours are 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, September 6th through December 23, 2005 and January 23rd through May 23, 2005.
Must pass a CORI check.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Please submit a resume with a GCC Employment Application) and cover letter to:
Human Resources Office
Greenfield Community College
1 College Drive
Greenfield, MA 01301
Email: [email protected]
When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement. Your cover letter should be written in a manner that addresses these areas.
Screening will begin with completed applications postmarked, emailed or faxed by September 18, 2005. Additional applications MAY be considered until the position is filled.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,
staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ***
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTSACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES