Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
1,334 Posts
MSP75 said:
What service do you prefer: AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, etc? Or do you use them all?
I prefer AOL or MSN messenger, use all of them because everyone I know has a different type.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frapmpd24 said:
I prefer AOL or MSN messenger, use all of them because everyone I know has a different type.
Thank you. I just checked out Trillian. It signs me into AIM & Yahoo, all in the Trillian messaging program. Anyone have wny problems with using Trillian to connect to the other IM services?

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
MSP75 said:
What service do you prefer: AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, etc? Or do you use them all?
I like Trillian....

Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.
Without stealing your home page and with no other included software, pop-ups, or spyware, Trillian provides unique functionality such as contact message history, a powerful skinning language, tabbed messaging, global status changes (set all networks away at once), Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration), contact alerts, an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client, docking, hundreds of emoticons, emotisounds, shell extensions for file transfers, and systray notifications.

Version 3.1 adds a new identity feature that helps you organize your home and work contact lists, HTML editing for AIM profiles, UPnP support, enhanced IRC performance, and speed enhancements.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
I use Yahoo. Gaim Is good if you use one or more IMs for it alows you like Trillian to use multi IRQ Clients at once. It also has some nice additions like spell check and is spyware free.

Note: for AIM users. AIM comes by default with spyware programs. Such as View Point, and Wild Tangent. You may notices more pup ups when using AIM and slower system performance. Remember before installing any program always read the EULA (End User Licence Agreement) you may be very suprised what you are downloading with your program.

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
I use MSN Messenger

i found it the best one out there , i have tried yahoo but i didnt really like it ..
and to be honest i kept forgetting my username and password .. i must have created a dozen usernames in a short space of time lol maybe cus i hardly used it..

so i gave up in the end and stuck to msn

and before u ask ... no im not blonde!! lol

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
kttref said:
Wow...my post now has to be 10 characters long :(

Regardless, I use AIM.
Took care of that for you Kate, Another setting I did not see :blush:

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
I use AIM & Yahoo instant messenger. Once in a great while I might get on msn.
AIM: ptlnorton or policescooter
Yahoooooo: ptlnorton or ofcnorton

·
1,952 Posts
kttref said:
We should have an AIM party...like a meet and greet on AIM haha...I'm a loser, I know. :(
We used to have a chat room on the site but there was only about three people on it, the same people, and they weren't actually there. :geek:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Crvtte65 - I used to find the same thing about the Chat feature on the old site.

I thought it would be cool to converse "real time" with the members, but nobody cept' me and Cinderella were ever on... And at that, never at the same time. Too bad. i think we could have had a raucous chat session going on with some of the "distinctive" personalities we have here... :wink:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.