Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News' decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.
"They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That's not acceptable to me," Falco said, according to Newsday.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/05/Inmates-threaten-guards-using-newspaper-gun-map
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,761 Posts
I hate to see cops/Co's endangered because of this, but at the same time...at least now some serious action will be taken. Hope that doesn't sound dickish.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Any criminal who comes calling to my house when I'm at work is in for a very nasty surprise, 158 grains at a time.
My wife hates hand guns! Not sure why, It's a Vietnam thing... (I'm sure there is history there, but she won't talk about it) But she knows where I keep the Mossberg 500, and she will stand in that doorway with it. Try to get by an angry Vietnamese Woman with a shotgun! (Bring your own "Toe Tag"!) I've been to the range with her. She knows, like hand grenades and Nuclear weapons, close enough is good enough! Ironically, she is pretty good at skeet!
 
G

·
My wife hates hand guns! Not sure why, It's a Vietnam thing... (I'm sure there is history there, but she won't talk about it) But she knows where I keep the Mossberg 500, and she will stand in that doorway with it. Try to get by an angry Vietnamese Woman with a shotgun! (Bring your own "Toe Tag"!) I've been to the range with her. She knows, like hand grenades and Nuclear weapons, close enough is good enough! Ironically, she is pretty good at skeet!
My wife is not a gun person at all, and never will be, it's just not in her. However, I laid out the scenario of someone trying to force their way into our house when she's home alone with our children while I'm at work, and the mama bear instinct kicked in. I taught her the basics of shooting, and she is a pretty good shot with my Model 10 revolver, which sits in our bedroom lockbox, should Evil come calling when I'm at work.

I know that the mere display of a gun deters most criminals, and actual gunshots will deter 99% of the ones who didn't beat feet, but she's more than capable of putting a few rounds into the 10 ring of the other 1% idiots if they break into our house.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,986 Posts
This just about sums up the attitude of a good chunk of Hampshire County. We were invaded in force by Birkenstock wearing liberals back in the 1970's and their legacy has left select boards and city council's stocked full of lemmings who hate law enforcement and anyone that doesn't watch "Democracy Now" on Public access TV or vote (D) without thought.

 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
6,688 Posts
unfortunately inmates find out allot about you from other officers.

they take seemingly little pieces of insignificant info and build a little dossier on you. takes awhile , but sooner or later they come up to you and try the "i know where you live" shit.

i spread "disinformation" when ever possible. one week i'm married, next week divorced, etc. one inmate got ahold of my credit card info, but that's another story.

and don't forget there's child molesters in prison, allot of them. sadly most are getting out. the chances of one of them showing up at your house may be slim, but having your personal info doesn't help
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top