Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a letter in the mail asking me to appear for an initial interview. It explains that it is about a half-hour and is to discuss background information. Who usually conducts this interview and is there anything special to prepare for or should I just relax and be prepared to discuss my background? Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like it is only an introduction interview. I had one with the Captain of Administrative Services. He gave me a packet to do the background, explained how to fill it out, had some basic conversations (not about anything related to the background) and he asked if I had any questions. It was nothing to get worried about.

But make sure you dress good. I wore a suit and tie, polished shoes, the whole deal. I looked like a hero. The positions I am going for has (6) people interviewing for it. (1) of the individuals showed up in his FEDEX uniform and another showed up in his workout clothes (sweatpants and a sweatshirt). So I looked like I was more serious about the job then those two.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.