Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I work for a pretty active Auxiliary Department and have graduated the Reserve Internitent Academ. I 've worked as both an Auxiliary and a Special and feel like I'm pretty well versed in police terminology

Having said that I'm hoping someone out there can help. I'm trying to educate myself a little and I thought this would be a good place to get some information.

Last time I was workingone of the regulars requested dispacth run a just a Q1 and thgen later a Q2-1, now I know he was checking on a subject but not being 911/dispatc qualified I don't know the difference in what he was asking for. Usually when we (or a regular) needs to check on someone we simply inform dispatch that we have a party for them to run when their ready, we give the pertinenet info and poof we get information. Now they could be running a Q1 or Q2-1 ora B4 Y7, I have no clue, I just know they get run and we get info.

Now I asked the officer what exactly a these terms were and he said they were technical terms I need to concern myself with. Well I'm to stuborn for that. So please help educate me.

1) When we have someone "run" exactly what does that involve.
2) Q2 Q2-1, what exactly do these terms mean and are their others.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.