Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all the Troopers out there, I saw something this morning that I haven't seen before. I was on my way home from work this morning on Rt 9 in Dedham. I saw a SP cruiser that said Incident Response Unit on the fender instead of State Police. The cruiser was all dark blue with the SP seal on the door. No light bar, but it had a push bar with blues and was all tinted out. I havent seen a solid blue SP cruiser before. Just wondering what it was. Any light to be shed?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Q5
You sure it wasn't a DOC car? They have what looks like MSP seal on door but oohh.....not really trooper car!

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Q5- I asked that question a few months ago on the board and I think the conclusion was it had something to do with the SATURN program. Ive seen one at my college periodically and in Eastern Mass also.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Actually, I saw something similar to a State Police Cruiser last week, but it Said Department of Corrections on the back. It wasn't the standard Mass DOC paint job though. This was a brand new out of the box car as well. Might be a new DOC paint scheme or an out of state car. Looked very similar to what you describe though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think I saw a new DOC cruiser at Waltham Court the other day. Gray/silver paint job with navy blue side striping with the DOC shield in the door, and Dept. Of Corrections over the stripe in the door. Whelen four strobe light bar. It was something along that line. Pretty sharp.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by michaelbos:
Hey Q, to many Overtime on last half shifts, your see things
Uncle Mike, you may be right. However, I'm posative it was MSP. I gotta good look at the door seal. Almost snapped my neck looking. It was heading into boston at that time (around 7am). Like I said, it had INCIDENT RESPONSE UNIT on the fender (no criser ID #) and the round MSP seal on the door. No light bar, but it did have a push bar with blues. It was a solid dark blue all the way around. It looked like a brand new vic. I have seen the new DOC cars, but this was not one of them.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Someone said this might have something to do with the SATURN program. Interestingly enough, I went to the Terrorism Response Course with the State Police last week, and the instructors (Troopers) didn't know anything about it. Someone had asked about it, and the Trooper said "I don't really know anything about it. Not really sure what's going on with that".

I found it strange that these guys wouldn't know anything about it, when their teaching a Terrorism course through the state police. There doesn't seem to be very much information about this out there at all. The website consists pretty much of a bulliten and some awareness information. Not really much "So here's what were doing to make you safer" type stuff. I'd be interested to find out what is going on with this program and what our money is being spent on.

·
Registered
447 Posts
About SATRUN,
Everyone I know out in Western Mass knows nothing about what is going on the SATURN program. Outside of the recent LEAPS print outs about some stuff (STAURN 1, 2 & 3 under news file) and the initial class Jajuga put on about a year ago throughout the state nothing is going on. None of the training that was promised has happened.
I have taken some homeland security classes and some terrorism awareness course and to tell you the truth they were nothing more the a short hazmat class with alot of "I do not know's" from the instructors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, tell me that new MSP car under masstroopers post doesn't have a code 3 rotating light bar. To go from Whelen strobes to that is a little depressing.... I know the budget is tight for everyone this year...but that is ridiculous!

And Q5_PO; What the heck are you talking about??? Did the seal say Massachusetts State Police on it? That is a Commonwealth seal on the door, and it is used by some other agencies.javascript:void(0)
Big Grin

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by rpdmounted:

And Q5_PO; What the heck are you talking about??? Did the seal say Massachusetts State Police on it? That is a Commonwealth seal on the door, and it is used by some other agencies.javascript:void(0)
Big Grin
Jeff, the seal did say Ma State Police! It was the regular door seal, the one on all the marked cars.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Tomahawk,

The patch you have listed is a patch representing the City of Boston Department of Public Safety. I had one of their guys show up at our MPOC firearms week and he qualified with us all week. He was driving a white unmarked crown vic brand new with blue light but had a MB Official plate. Last I checked MB are the Municipal Boston plates similar to the regular official plates. Anyways, this kid acted like he was the STate Police, but the more we spoke with him, the more we didn't know who he works for. I checked with a few people and he said they work for Boston. I also have that patch and an identical one with "PUBIC SAFETY" yes, pubic. They made a mistake on the first batch of patches. I though it was a riot, so i got one for my collection.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ha - I knew I'd get you going Greg!! I'm only kidding with ya'......

I'll have to keep an eye out on this end of the state for any similar cruisers. Oh, wait a minute, I forgot I patrol the land of twisty back roads and cranberry bogs......probably won't see any cars for a long time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by q5_po:
I saw a SP cruiser that said Incident Response Unit on the fender instead of State Police. The cruiser was all dark blue with the SP seal on the door. No light bar, but it had a push bar with blues and was all tinted out. I havent seen a solid blue SP cruiser before.
I saw one of these today on Rt.3S, going past the Braintree/Quincy exit. It was an older model Crown Vic, had a solid grill(92'-94'?). It had the MSP seal on the door and said "INCIDENT RESPONSE UNIT" on the driver's fender. This one had a lightbar on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Think I saw some of their officers today. On the way into work I saw a navy Expedition with white state plates and grill strobes, no markings, leading a MA ARNG truck and humvee. As I passed, since they were only going about 50, I saw that the expedition's driver was wearing dark BDU's and what looked like the incident response unit patch. Hmmm, interesting...are they hiring ;) ....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.