In MA can a driver refuse to roll up his windows during a traffic stop? | Page 2 | MassCops

In MA can a driver refuse to roll up his windows during a traffic stop?

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by Mike5959, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Givin' Moorehead

Givin' Moorehead New Member

I have to admit for some reason this has really got me aggravated. I have read and re read everything Mike5959 said and I can't see the tough guy hank is referring to. It was a legit question wether hank likes it or not. Hank is the one that is looking for confrontation. I. Err I mean Mike5959 only stated a fact that I. I mean he isn't hiding behind a screen name. If you search Mike5959 you would find plenty of information to figure out who he is including photos of the daily driver complete with license plate info. More than enough for anyone not just Leosn to figure out who Mike5959 really is. If the goal was to be a trouble maker or to stir up shit a different name would have been used to ensure Anonymity.

Hank Respect is not something you are owed. It is something you earn and with the way you carry itself here you should definitely be ashamed of your self.

2. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

What really get's me aggravated is when trolls come back to refer to themselves in the third person. Don't go away mad, just go away.

3. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

... it's a never changing pattern ... trolls aren't even knowledgeable enough to mask their IP address anymore ...

I loved the "legit question" though :) reminded me of times when kids were really little and the cute excuses they would make :rolleyes:

263FPD likes this.
  4. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

1.) On behalf of Masscops and that a-hole Hank Moody, we apologize for being mean

2.) I hope you're not offended at anything that was written

3.) 1 and 2 are false

4.) Eat a bag of dicks

Tuna, Chitownlost, visible25 and 7 others like this.
  5. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

[​IMG]

Hank Moody, FTH and Goose like this.
  6. Not anonymous

Not anonymous New Member

I'm sure glad you guys aren't detectives. At no time did I try to conceal my identity. Why would I bother masking my ip if my whole point is I am not hiding.

I sure would like someone to actually think about what I asked. I am not taking about questioning an officers authority. I think the question is still legit. If you were not seen with the windows up can you be forced to incriminate yourself by rolling up the windows. Just answer the question unless of course you don't know the actual answer other than "because I saw so"

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Does the law require that your vehicle has windows for safe operation of said vehicle?

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

8. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Dude, I applaud your persistance, but you still are an annoying douche. All car rear windows now only go down part way, so the officer could have observed the tint that way. The rear window is also tinted, giving the officer the abiliity to see the tint. Every car is required to have operating windows and they can be examined with a saftey inspection. You have no case. It is really annoying that you come on a cop forum, asking a stupid question on how to beat a summons issued by a cop. Then you act surprised that you are not greeted with open arms. Tell your friend not to tint out his windows if he does not want to get stopped. Stop trying to beat the system and grow up.

9. nemedic

nemedic MassCops Member

Wow, and I thought most shitbirds were getting all pissy about rolling their windows down.

10. KAS

KAS MassCops Member

The guy's a muppet for sure and had the tint ticket coming, but I'll give you an example since you asked for one. Some of the fullsize Ford Broncos (made up to '96, think OJ Simpson chasemobile) and some old fullsize Jeep Grand Wagoneers ('92 and earlier), Jeep Wagoneers ('83 and earlier), Jeep Cherokees ('83 and earlier), and Jeep Grand Cherokees ('92 and earlier) came with rear hatch windows that could in fact be rolled down. They are well known for the window motor transmission/mechanism failing and refusing to roll back up or down, as well.

I am not sure if they went down far enough to fully conceal the glass.

11. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Edit: I had a nice long explanation of the applicable laws and such, then a read the whole thread.

So I guess I just get on board in encouraging the consumption of the aforementioned bag.

Good day.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. TRN

TRN MassCops Member

It's pretty obvious when you see someone randomly put the windows down as they go by in an attempt to hide the tint.