Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Get off my lawn!
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Side note: The video below contains the aforementioned incident at New Braintree, then a second part of the video shows a incident involving a Statie involved in a fight where you can clearly see the Trooper pretty much gets ganged up on by a whole bunch of "woman" who Can't Understand Normal Thinking.

NEW BRAINTREE, Mass. —
Two employees of the Massachusetts State Police are on leave and the state police are investigating a trainee at the state police academy sliding through a watered-down hallway like on a child's Slip 'N Slide.

Video obtained by 5 investigates shows the incident, which features a shirtless trainee, wearing a helmet, sliding on his stomach down the hallway.

State police said they placed two academy employees on a term of paid leave lasting up to five days pending a duty status hearing when it will be decided whether they should be suspended while an internal investigation continues, and if so, if they should be suspended with or without pay.

"(Monday) the Department relieved two members of duty for failing to intercede in a potentially unsafe and unofficial activity in which several trainees were engaged. Both Department members had an obligation to end the activity, which had no place or purpose in a professional training setting, and failed to do so," state police spokesperson David Procopio said in a statement.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
One academy, one standard. Don't need a special school to learn how to wear a silly hat.
This looks like fun. Did they run out of other scandals to investigate?

·
Registered
596 Posts
How did a cellphone even get to the deck? Makes me think it was one of the actual Troopers who were recording it.
I thought the exact same thing. My 1st thought all day long is what a bunch of morons.
We've said it ad nauseum here to newbies.
it's the phone, videos, technology social media and one's inability to stay off it and keep a low profile that will jam you up all day long. I'm beginning to see it in my own dept. And the immaturity that is walking through th doors. Case in point!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I thought the exact same thing. My 1st thought all day long is what a bunch of morons.
We've said it ad nauseum here to newbies.
it's the phone, videos, technology social media and one's inability to stay off it and keep a low profile that will jam you up all day long. I'm beginning to see it in my own dept. And the immaturity that is walking through th doors. Case in point!
Most people at my department who have Instagram have it on private and only allow very close friends and family follow them. Best thing to do is just not have any of it, but I know that’s not practical with how we all communicate nowadays.

Because the thing is, if you have your Instagram or Facebook on Public and not Private. Some jackass will come along eventually and try to find something on your profiles to jack you up..

·
Registered
439 Posts
Slip n' slide incident is just simple goof's. Nothing to see here. Trooper mixing it up with aggressive females is sheer poor judgement though.
Agreed, I guarantee you internally the MSP are nowhere near as outraged as they are making it seem like they are with the media. They’re just going along with the spiel right now “Oh this is Horrible! Unacceptable, this will be addressed!”.. when in all reality they’re probably saying to themselves, for fuck sake, can everyone relax and not make everything a huge issue..

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Agreed, I guarantee you internally the MSP are nowhere near as outraged as they are making it seem like they are with the media. They’re just going along with the spiel right now “Oh this is Horrible! Unacceptable, this will be addressed!”.. when in all reality they’re probably saying to themselves, for fuck sake, can everyone relax and not make everything a huge issue..
Then they should just say that. The feigned outrage and promises of investigation are just bullshit to appease people that don't care one way or the other. Just say it's a big nothing and move on.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Then they should just say that. The faint outrage and promises of investigation such as bullshit to appease people that don't care one way or the other. Just say it's a big nothing and move on.

In an ideal world: Yes

But we don’t live in that type of world unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
I need to clean that up when I'm not driving, but this can be an ideal world. All it takes is somebody in leadership with a set of balls to just tell the truth instead of pretending to play along with the fake outrage by people who will hate you no matter what answer you give.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I need to clean that up when I'm not driving, but this can be an ideal world. All it takes is somebody in leadership with a set of balls to just tell the truth instead of pretending to play along with the fake outrage by people who will hate you no matter what answer you give.

Preaching to the choir my friend.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Preaching to the choir my friend.
That's why I have very little confidence in police leadership in massachusetts. The Chiefs and brass are all political want to be hacks. They should take a page from the Florida sheriff's

·
Registered
596 Posts
the main issue, is that it got leaked. As I was trying to convey earlier right , wrong or.otherwise, Someone should have known better than to post it. Everything both good and bad comes back somehow to bite us.and its almost always always going to have a negative spin on.it. it's just the shit hole world we are now in.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wait a second.. it all makes sense now. The MSP purposely released this so they could deflect from the Theater District Beatdown. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before. What better way to deflect from A&B than to post a video of trainees treating New Braintree like Canobie Lake Park.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts