IMA/Reserve Hanscom AFB | MassCops

IMA/Reserve Hanscom AFB

Discussion in 'Miltary | DOD Police' started by shawnl2213, Feb 10, 2009.

1. shawnl2213

shawnl2213 MassCops Member

Does anyone know about the IMA/Reserve program at Hanscom AFB. Im considering joining back up as Security Forces. Im was active and reserve as a SP and am currently employed with a local police department (fulltime). Any help would be appreciated.

2. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

The Security Forces IMA program at Hanscom is done with because of a reduction in force for IMA's in the Air Force Material Command. I suggest joining up with the reserves at Westover or the Air National Guard at Barnes or Otis.

3. 6083

6083 New Member

the IMA program is back, more money :)

4. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

IMA = I Make A Lot (of $$$). I left the Army Guard a few years ago for the Army IMA. I go down to NC as an instructor once a year for about 3 weeks and get a good year all in one shot. No weekend drills, no deployments, and if I do get mobilized I go to Fort Bragg as a full-time instructor. It's a great gig for someone who's got over 20 years and done playing in the sandbox.

5. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

To piggy back that question, do they have it for CATM? I understand that it is all combined, but I didn't like counting rivets. What other AFSC's offer IMA positions?

6. wordstew

wordstew MassCops Member

Can someone here explain what IMA positions are. I have like 15 years reserve time, got out (ETS) after the being activated x 2 for Desert Storm. I am considering going back for that 20 year letter. What are the best options??????

7. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

The IMA category B program at Hanscom is fully funded again? I would assume they have a whole bunch of openings now because they lost almost everyone (including me) when they made everyone either become a category E IMA (unpaid to work unless called up to active duty), or they could transfer to another unit, or seperate all together.

8. billb

billb MassCops Member

The program is back... you will have to go through a recruiter (naturally) and be approved by the commander. They are being very selective... we basically lost the program due to the lack of participation and lack of military bearing among the members... it is back but the IMAs need to be on top of their game; There are CATM positions.