I'm working at a Police Supply Store! | MassCops

I'm working at a Police Supply Store!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hush, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Well....it's not the job I wanted, but in the meantime while I keep applying to deptartments I've started working at East Coast Emergency Outfitter in Manchester NH. We're MOSTLY a uniform shop, with tailoring and embroidery, but I'm taking lead on the day-to-day operations of the retail store which is set up as a "convenience store" for cops, fire, ems, and anyone else who might be in to get uniforms or equipment. I have a lot of freedom to make purchases and inventory changes, so I wanted to ask what do YOU guys and girls look for in a Police Supply store, and what do you find often unavailable? We have the usual uniform parts/items according to local uniform policies, but what about other things? I've already signed us up as a stocking dealer for Black Rifle Coffee and should have it on hand soon.
    Whatever you need, want to see in a store, or need for your dept.....you've now got an inside man and a direct line. Feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM. I'm working on a MassCops discount code for anyone who needs gear, and that should be up and running soon.

-Chad

LGriffin, CapeSpecial, Joel98 and 9 others like this.
  2. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

OC , batons, cuffs ?
    Seems to be a lot of the stuff guys looking for at least new to the job. Congratulations on your new employment !

Any job is better than none ;)

kdk240, Hush and JR90 like this.
  3. Hush

Yup, we've got the standard Peerless and S&W cuffs in all flavors, Sabre Red and similar...don't have batons but that's something to look into.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

4. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

reasonable prices..
    joking aside how but stuff you would want in a cruiser bag, not so much binoculars, muilt tools and books but stuff like OTC single serving meds Advil, aspirin, chap stick, glow sticks, Vicks vapor rub, dude wipes (look them up they are awesome) door chock blocks, disposable pens I can go on and on...

5. Hush

Boom, that's exactly the kind of things I've been working on ordering today. I'm also trying to put together refill kits for expirable first aid items, and assemble things like perimeter kits with chemlights, sunscreen, energy bars, first aid, etc. Perfect, great ideas please keep them coming!

kdk240 and CCCSD like this.
  6. RodneyFarva

do something like a police a MRE packet nothing crazy instant coffee, candy, gum, those freeze dried camping meals (just add hot water) or mil-surplus or civilian version of them with a chemical heater. mylar tin foil blankets, disposable rain ponchos, 550 paracord,

pahapoika, kdk240 and Hush like this.
  7. RodneyFarva

here is some more shit from a geardo 20190912_190007 - Copy.jpg 20190912_190015 - Copy.jpg 20190912_190053 - Copy.jpg 20190912_190230 - Copy.jpg 20190912_190419 - Copy.jpg

8. RodneyFarva

Hush likes this.
  9. Hush

Glad to see you've got Wedge-its! Those are great, carried them on the ambulance, best door stop ever. Thanks for the pics!

RodneyFarva likes this.
  10. RodneyFarva

They will hold a cell door open and they are dirt cheep.

Hush likes this.
  11. Hush

Keep mine on a paracord loop.[​IMG]

RodneyFarva likes this.
  12. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Good deal Hush. Hopefully the other job works out too.

13. 38bigblock

38bigblock MassCops Member

Anything to make a detail easier. Portable charger, head phones, thin hi-viz gloves, sneakers / boots that feel like sneakers, paddle holders, mag and cuff holsters, hi-vis shirts, the list goes on. Think about details and what you’d like on one.

Obviously socks, drinks, snacks, and all that are not going to apply here, but hey I hope this helps

mpd61, pahapoika and Hush like this.
  14. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

more than one size to try on in different pairs of boots and sizes bigger than 10! ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Under Armour..... Also... JUST PAY ATTENTION.... my experience has been that at least 4 out of every 10 orders isn't right (missing something, wrong size, wrong item, not patched properly etc)

Goose, JR90 and Hush like this.
  15. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Armorskins make the job much more comfortable if you don’t already have them.
    Also, what about a 24-hour vending machine with cuff keys, flashlight batteries, mourning bands, energy bars, tie bars, tylenol, tide sticks, all the little assorted stuff that you might need in the middle of the night and can’t find in your gear bag,

CapeSpecial, LGriffin, Goose and 3 others like this.
  16. RodneyFarva

big money idea right there! you park that in front of every academy or PD that has a training or class room stock it with cheap pens and comp note books $$$$$$

pahapoika, Goose and Hush like this.
  17. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Here's an idea, do uniform store on wheels with the absolute Necessities in everybody needs. Neptune started that way back in the day. I also remember buying from the convicted felon too but I'm not even going to open that box again. It did work though I remember buying stuff off the truck.

18. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Cheers Hush!!

I second the ‘pay attention’ comment, most of my last few orders have been messed up someway or another.

Also, possibly offer free screen printing for bulk orders?

And finally, common sense above all!! There are some places, not naming names, who have the most eclectic collection of sizes and styles yet when you ask for a standard item (eg: a medium hi-vis jacket, or belt clarino keepers) and they tell you it has to be special ordered :rolleyes:o_O

pahapoika and JR90 like this.
  19. pahapoika

Think you'll do well. You've got the right attitude and background.

Goose and Hush like this.
  20. RodneyFarva

Hand warmers.
    Toiletries kit (IE hotel size soap, shampoo, shaving cream, disposable razors) throw it in your locker just in case.
    Kiwi shoe polish.
    Lint brush.
    firearm cleaning kits. (or buy an ultra sonic cleaner and offer it as a service)
    Okeefes hand lotion.
    Dunkin and Starbucks gift cards.

pahapoika and Hush like this.
  21. pahapoika

Now that would be awesome if it wasn't crazy expensive. Know it sounds lazy . Just hate cleaning the things.

RodneyFarva and Hush like this.
  22. felony

felony MassCops Member

There has never been a better time to be a police applicant than now. The public interest in a career in law enforcement is way down, not as many veterans returning looking for jobs, small applicant pools and increasing retirements have created a perfect storm. If you don't go balls out applying and taking tests you're crazy. A clean applicant with a decent exam score should get something.

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  23. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

I usually like to make sure the cell doors are closed, but in this environment I can see their value.....

24. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

Applications for the fire department.

25. pahapoika

Think the Fire might be tougher to get on. It was definitely my first choice :cool:

USAF3424 likes this.