IEA field office | Page 4 | MassCops

IEA field office

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by cal1nu, May 8, 2009.

1. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

Most places in California and pretty much anywhere around Arizona and the Southern Border (considered undesirable desert conditions to some) consistently offer out TO's to pretty much all that passed. I should have known better from past experiences, but instead applied to the Atlanta FO because it was critical need at the time and I have a relative that works out of the Atlanta FO. Plus, I was hoping that IF I actually needed to wander down south to play, I could still be close to at least SOME of my family.

2. JMody

JMody Special...

What was the office they offered you? Was it Phoenix itself or was it a sub-office?

3. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

T.O's are already coming out from the 2009 test? Are you sure?

4. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

When you receive a TO it's always for the field office for which you applied (by this I mean the the general region, for example Phoenix field office.) They won't specifically offer a sub office until you get the final offer (EOD and FLETC).

TO's started almost immediately following the NOR for some field offices. It's luck of the pick sometimes, I heard from a few people who chose the Chicago FO and both received TO's (one was mid 90's and the other low 80's for score) within weeks of faxing in their documents.

5. JMody

JMody Special...

Thanks for the information. I will have to remember that next time....

That's good to know. I have a friend who works for the BP and lives down near Nogales. It would be nice to be near someone I know and wasn't sure if they offered you a specific Sub officer in that FO's area.

6. pba05001

pba05001 MassCops Member

this

7. pear1jarn

pear1jarn New Member

I took the test as well but don't recall listing a geographic preference. At what point did you guys list the preference and is there somewhere I can go to review mine/change it?

8. pba05001

pba05001 MassCops Member

You pick it when you apply online/ sign up for the test. I dont know if you can change it.