IEA field office | Page 2 | MassCops

IEA field office

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by cal1nu, May 8, 2009.

1. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

The website is www.applicationmanager.gov, if you don't already have an account you will need to create one.

Some people have gotten their scores through application manager. Others are not yet able to view their scores. I don't think anyone has received their score in the mail yet. That will probably take another couple of weeks. But if you are a new test taker you will receive your score in the mail

2. JMody

JMody Special...

I took the test on June 8th I believe in Boston.

I check my AM daily and still haven't noticed a score posted. I know I passed but would like a score. I guess I will just have to wait till it gets to my mailbox. I guess the rumor is that they should be mailed out around the middle of this month so in the next couple of days hopefully.....

3. SergeantB0311

SergeantB0311 MassCops Member

The score should be there. Mine posted this past Monday. Good luck!

4. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

No score for me, as of a day ago. Knowing that I passed is nice, though. Due to a lack of sleep/breakfast/caffeine, it took more effort than other recent exams I've taken.

5. JMody

JMody Special...

I just looked now and I am not seeing it.
    When I first log-in I see two different announcements that I applied for.
    If I click the IEA announcement and go into that page where would I need to look for the score? Under messages?

6. pba05001

pba05001 MassCops Member

I am also confused with Application Manager. I signed up for the test on usajobs and got the email about a month ago telling me to fax everything in, which I did.

I only recently made an account on application manager which obviously doesn't show any information on previous test taken or my IEA status. How are people getting all this information on application manager?? I am obviously missing something...

TIA

7. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

From what I understand, this is a long process, and the administrative stuff on the government's end can be confusing. If you need in-person help, the Application Manager lists a contact person listed who you can call.

8. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

You need to email DSC entry level explaining your issue, make sure you include the job announcement number and vacancy number (on the top of your cover letter you received from ICE). They will add it to application manager. [email protected]

9. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

Still no numerical score posted in my application manager account...should I be worried?

10. JMody

JMody Special...

I would not be worried about it. They are probably going along and posting them as they can. I am sure a lot of people took the test so....

Still waiting for mine as well. It is gonna be a long process though so getting the score is just a little part of the comforting part. As long as they have my score I am set!

11. JMody

JMody Special...

OK, I got my NOR today. 77.5.

Not too happy about that. I thought I did a lot better.

I guess I will see how that works out.

12. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

Wow...74.9.

I did not do too well.

The real question, though, is how well do you have to do for consideration? According to some people I've talked to, this is a pass/fail type of thing. According to others, it's more selective than that. I'm not sure what this means for my candidacy.

13. FordMustang

FordMustang MassCops Member

Where did you get your NOR? I did not have a login on application manager when I applied for the job..therefore none of my stuff is on my username I created after the test. Did you get them in the mail?

14. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

I got my score through the application manager. It has not come in the mail yet.

15. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

Don't worry about it too much...I took the test in May of 2007 along with a couple people I worked with in college. Both people I tested with score in the mid-high 70's with Boston as a geographic location. While it took a while for their TO's (which is because Boston is hard to get off the bat) both received TO's in Fall of 08. Depending on what you have as a geo location you will more than likely receive a TO, it's really all about when you will get a TO.

16. davejoyce2000

davejoyce2000 MassCops Member

That is so weird. My NOR is 77.4 and JMody's NOR is 77.5? A difference of .1 :confused: How do they grade the test???

17. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

Guys I wouldn't worry about the results too much. As long as you pass you should get a T.O.

18. JMody

JMody Special...

You didn't happen to choose Boston as your Geo did you?

19. davejoyce2000

davejoyce2000 MassCops Member

I did choose Boston and will obviously never receive a TO with my horrible score.

20. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

Thanks for the heads up. As far as the IEA position goes, I'm filing it away, chalking it up as a learning experience, and hoping for the best. I figure that if I get an offer down the road, and I'm not on the job somewhere/somehow by then, I will take it. If not, at least the test was good practice for other tests, and it was free.

21. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

That's a good attitude to have, especially with the federal agencies as their process can take months, sometimes even years. Just remember in the future...so long as they don't change the testing format you can re-apply with your score under any open announcement for IEA.

22. FordMustang

Wow got my results and only got a 83.2. I thought I did a lot better then that...I found it a lot easier then the CBP test and ended up actually scoring higher on the CBP one.

23. JMody

JMody Special...

Sure. Rub it in! lol.
    I agree though. I am a little miffed at myself for scoring like I did.
    I also got my paper score today in the mail.

24. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

JMody, it sounds like we're in the same boat, score-wise!

Just curious- have you taken other police tests? Are you on the job somewhere currently?

25. FordMustang

I have heard chatter that the score is not actually what you scored on your test but an actual "rating". There might be some truth to that as the scores did not come out until after you faxed them your resume/experience. If you look on the NOR it also says "Rating" and not score. Almost everyone I talked to says they scored way lower then they thought...so..

I have not been able to confirm this yet though.