IEA field office | MassCops

IEA field office

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by cal1nu, May 8, 2009.

1. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

Hi, can someone please tell me which field office is in desperate critical need of hiring IEA officers? I didn't do too well on the exam. So if my prospects for employment are improved by working at any of the least desirable field office then I will go work there no matter what.

2. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

I heard Georgia is hiring a lot. Just be patient with the process and wait to see if you get a tenative offer.

3. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

Your prospects for employment are improved if you are willing to work at the following duty locations within each FOD, which are designated as Hard-to-Fill:

Atlanta Field Office
    Lumpkin, Georgia

Buffalo Field Office
    Albany, New York

Chicago Field Office
    Wichita, Kansas

Dallas Field Office
    Big Spring and Eden, Texas

Denver Field Office
    Craig, Durango, and Pueblo, Colorado

El Paso Field Office
    Pecos and Midland, Texas

Los Angeles Field Office
    Ventura and Lompoc, California

New Orleans Field Office
    Jena, Louisiana

New York Field Office
    Fishkill, New York

Philadelphia Field Office
    York, Pennsylvania

Phoenix Field Office
    Eloy and Florence, Arizona

San Antonio Field Office
    Brownsville and Los Fresnos, Texas

San Francisco Field Office
    Bakersfield, California

Seattle Field Office
    Yakima, Wahington and Medford and Eugene, Oregon

St. Paul Field Office
    Des Moines, Iowa

Here's the link: http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob...5,15669,15523,15512,15516,45575&TabNum=4&rc=2

4. SargeLorenzo

SargeLorenzo MassCops Member

They've been calling people with offers for the harder-to-fill offices. I forget, they want you to do either 6 months or a year then you get the office of your choice after that.

5. uspresident1

There is no set amount of time you have to do at one office. But a vacancy has to be open at another office before you can even put in to transfer there. The Boston field office is very hard to get right now. So anyone looking into the position make sure you accept an office you are willing to work at for at least 2 years.

6. SargeLorenzo

Nope, you completely misunderstood what I said. They are calling potential employees with offers for offices that: 1) the applicant never put in for, and 2) that office has a lack of applicants and needs to fill openings. Tracking so far? OK, with these offers has been: 1) a set time limit to work at said office, and 2) an agreement that after the predetermined amount of time you may transfer to the office of your choice. I did receive just such an offer, so did other coworkers of mine.

7. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

It's good that they're doing it that way now. For the most part, I'd be willing to commit to any duty location they needed filled...I feel that you're odds of getting hired are greatly improved if you're willing to go pretty much anywhere. I felt as if I was limiting my chances by only being able to choose one geographic location.

8. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

I currently reside in Boston. I chose to work at the El Paso, Texas field office during the application process. Will all testing phases, medical and oral interview be done at my current residency in Boston or at the Texas field office?

9. TGT1898

TGT1898 MassCops Member

All testing phases will be done in or around Boston. I believe the medical/physical are completed at a medical office in Braintree...drug test is completed at a medical office in Downtown Crossing and interview is in Burlington, Ma I believe...

10. uspresident1

10-4. I haven't heard of that program but I'll take your word for it. However, there is no standard "transfer" procedure with ICE-DRO. When you say
    "an agreement that after the predetermined amount of time you may transfer to the office of your choice.?" Are they guaranteeing you to go to whatever office you want or is it just allowing you to apply to go to that office?

11. SargeLorenzo

Whatever office you want. However....They called me with this offer and I declined, a week later they called and offered Boston. It's hard to decide whether to take the first inconvenient offer you get or hang in there for who knows how long.

12. uspresident1

Yes the hiring centers love telling you that they don't have the office you want when they really do. They just try to fill the spots nobody wants first before offering a good location.

13. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

Study Resources

Are there any other study resources beside the study guide downloaded from the Homeland Security website?

14. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

IEA?? Who are they?

Dumb question, right? :)

15. Nighttrain

Nighttrain MassCops Member

I'm with you DoD.

16. uspresident1

Immigration Enforcement Agent.

17. chief801

chief801 Subscribing Member

Be very careful of government guarantees...the fine print usually reads something like: "or any location depending on the needs of the agency". They will ALWAYS leave themselves an out...just be careful about what you are signing on for...promises are often broken "due to the immediate needs of the agency". I'm sure the mobility agreement signed will trump any agreements made.

18. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

OooooHHHH...Those Guys! :) Thanks uspresident1.

That's another one of those federal jobs that I'm too old for....LOL!

19. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

I received an e-mail from OPM to fax my resume to them regarding the IEA position. I faxed it to them 4 times and the status on the Application Manager site still says "Application Package Status: Incomplete - missing required documents" and also say "Not received" beside the word "Resume". Does anyone know the e-mail address to OPM. Should I email my resume to them so I have proof that I sent it to them before the deadline?

20. JMody

JMody Special...

I would fax it from a place that gives you a printout saying that fax has been sent ok. Other than that maybe try the local office? Dunno. Just faxed mine in today as well.

21. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

How many days does it usually take the Application Manager website to show they received your resume after you fax it to them? I faxed my resume to them last week Friday 6/26 at 6PM and the website still shows not received:( Today I faxed them my resume 4 times and it still shows not received. If they received all 5 of my resume but just haven't updated their system. Is the system going to show 5 resumes or will they just take the most recent one received?

22. JMody

JMody Special...

I faxed mine yesterday at lunch time and when I looked on A.M. last night 6-7 hours later it said they received them and I could actually click on it and see the faxed in document.

I would call the local field office and ask them if they can give you a hand. Or I believe when you open A.M. at the top it gives you a person to contact at OPM if you have any questions. Log-in and see if you have it!

23. jmestano

jmestano MassCops Member

I faxed my documents in. Time for some waiting games, I think.

Where is this Application Manager website? Is it part of USAJobs? I'd like to check my status, but the email asking for my documents didn't contain a link to the Application Manager site.

24. uspresident1

The application manager your thinking of is just really used for changing test dates and printing admission notices.

25. cal1nu

cal1nu MassCops Member

Hi,

Anyone get their test score for the June 8th exam? Will it be mailed to me or posted at the application manager webpage?