IEA 2007 test | MassCops

IEA 2007 test

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by nixon3535, Dec 31, 2007.

1. nixon3535

nixon3535 New Member

Has anyone heard back yet from last March's Immigrations Enforcement Agent Test? I heard the budget got passed, was just curious if anyone had heard anything.

Thank

2. misconceived

misconceived is Goin down the bah

Nope....I forgot I even took it.

3. SargeLorenzo

SargeLorenzo MassCops Member

Yup, I've completed the entire application process and am on their list waiting for a hire date. I've been jumping through hoops for this all summer and fall. I know of 2 other guys in the same situation, both vets as well. Unfortunately, there are an undetermined number of people on the same list ahead of us for Boston. There will be no more calls offering start duty dates until the President signs the new budget. During the interview they told me that they needed 30 more agents, what they need and what they get are 2 different things. Delphi Forums has an ICE IEA forum that's very informative.

4. nixon3535

nixon3535 New Member

That seems to be the case. i just talked with the Minniapolis hiring center and they said that they are still in the 90's right now and just working down. But they did say because of how the budget passed and more money was actually given to the removal operations part of it, that i should still hang in there....gotta love the sit and wait game.

5. pmp

pmp MassCops Member

Can anyone fill me in on the career of an IEA in the Boston Field Office? Likes and dislikes? Morale? Thanks.

6. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

Any other updates? I had my interview up in Burlington and my PFT and physical in Braintree. From what I gather I only have the psych screening, background investigation, and drug test to go... who knows how long that will take.

7. SargeLorenzo

I finished everything last year (Oct, Nov?) and kept waiting until recently. They called me a few weeks ago, offering me a position for 6 months in my choice of cities that were in need more than Boston. This came with the deal that I could have the city of my choice after that 6 months, I declined. A week later they called and offered me Boston, I declined. Good luck.

8. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

Sarge, I know two guys personally that just recently received calls for the IEA gigs. One was offered Boston and declined, the other was given the same deal. He was offered San Diego and he could possibly come back in 6 months. He declined as well.

9. NytroCop

NytroCop New Member

I'm lucky enough to be in a position where 6 months (or a little more) wouldn't effect me too badly. I've only got about a year invested in my current position, not married, no kids, live with my folks (rent's great, food's even better). At 24 y/o I'm surprised to even be in the running for this position but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

10. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

Hey Nytro,

I am at FLETC now for CBP, the IEA trainees are everywhere. All the guys I have talked to speak highly of the training, and it is a pretty sweet gig if you don't mind a little travel.

11. acrutc01

acrutc01 New Member

I did the interview in Burlington a month ago or so. I did the medical/PT on the following Thursday. Since then I've heard nothing. does anyont have any idea when they plan to go furtherin thw process. Of those of you that have completed the process what else is next?

12. SargeLorenzo