ICE Raids,ICE News,Your Thoughts (Merged Threads) | Page 5 | MassCops

ICE Raids,ICE News,Your Thoughts (Merged Threads)

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by kwflatbed, Mar 6, 2007.

1. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Re: ICE Raids (ongoing immigration raids) (MERGED)

Look check it out....

I am a US citizen by birth...my parents are naturalized...it was only by the slip of a condom that I was born in the US.

My wife is also a first generation US citizen, her parents are naturalized...hell 2/3's of her family are naturalized. It's a process, you go through it and you are done.

My best friend 'fast tracked' as he won some freaking lottery or some shit...and he got it done faster some how.
    My cousin Igor actually joined the US army and he got fast tracked, plus he was a citizen of Russia and Canada...so I think being a Canuck helped.

Again all part of the process, we came here learned the language, most of my wife's family are doctors, lawyers and "productive" members of society.

Me I'm sort of a dumb ass...but that's to be expected...

Illegal immigration is nothing but slavery. It profits people who would make money off the backs of slaves. It is one of the most degrading forms of treatment one person can inflict on another...and sadly most that are trying to "help" don't get this.

I have seen first hand what evil one man can perpetrate against another, perpetuating illegal immigration and trying to "help' makes things worse as it breeds a false hope.
    One of my wife's cousins is in a hospital in the Philippines dying of AIDS because some guy promised her that he could get her into the the US because he knew someone who would get her a green card...if you would like I have more examples of how gullible people in my and my wife's family were ripped off or injured due to the greed of men who promise, based on the misconception, that once you get here, you can stay, "no papers needed".

The safest thing in the world is for the US to be ultra strict on immigration, it will deter countless people from risking their lives and the lives of their children for the promise of a "better life" in subjugation and misery.

2. lawdog671

lawdog671 MassCops Member

Crazy Irish....9/11 commission report does talk about some of bin Ladens family being flown out soon after attacks on 9/11....but..do you seriously think that all these bad guys running the streets selling drugs and stuff came without their wives...girlfriends ....etc....they just dont all congregate in large numbers like this place..and if theyre here illegally...making illegal babies ...does it truly matter to you if theyre male or female ILLEGAL immigrants?

3. rdmj72

rdmj72 MassCops Member

Re: ICE Raid Leaves Massachusetts Town a Mess

What part of "illegal" don't people understand!!!!:confused:

4. TacOps

TacOps MassCops Member

Again, why am I a pussy? Guys, can you figure this one out? Maybe he's confusing me for a fed

5. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Cause that icon by your name is sort of gai?

6. adroitcuffs

adroitcuffs Subscribing Member

Re: ICE Raid Leaves Massachusetts Town a Mess

Ditto that!! Damn media, once again playing on the sympathies of the uninformed! I-L-L-E-G-A-L --- they knew it, they did it anyway. The only folks I feel bad for are the ones who get deported only because the government didn't get the paperwork processed by their own deadline. Meanwhile, we're giving "amnesty" to those who break the law??? Screw 'em!

7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Accused document seller held in immigration raid

BOSTON — A federal judge yesterday detained Luis Torres, who stands accused of providing illegal immigrants working at Michael Bianco Inc. with falsified Social Security and alien registration cards, saying no measure could guarantee that he would not flee.
    Mr. Torres, 54, was led into court in handcuffs, wearing a green prison jumpsuit. His detention hearing is just one of many that will be held in connection with Michael Bianco Inc., a textiles manufacturer and producer of military backpacks that was raided last week for allegedly employing more than 350 undocumented workers.

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070313/NEWS/703130341

R.I. protesters decry raid on illegal workers

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Dozens of protesters called on the federal government Monday to release hundreds of allegedly illegal immigrants detained after a sweep of a New Bedford, Mass., factory last week.
    Protesters gathered outside the office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and held signs that read, "Stop the raids" and "Amnesty for all" and chanted "Set them free."
    Immigration authorities last Tuesday rounded up 361 alleged illegal immigrants at Michael Bianco Inc., a company that makes equipment and apparel for the U.S. military. Most of those detained were women from Central America, many with children. At least 60 have since been released to care for their children.
    "Children need their families together," said Renae Chaves, of Cranston, who brought her 2 1/2-year-old son, Rowan. "I couldn't imagine being separated by my child."

Full Story: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MA_IMMIGRATION_PROTEST_MAOL-?SITE=MABED&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Authorities release more immigrants

NEW BEDFORD — Nearly 20 illegal immigrants nabbed in last week's Michael Bianco Inc. raid were released by federal authorities yesterday to care for their young children, according to federal immigration authorities and an attorney working for their release. One was released because she has diabetes.
    Although the exact number of those released was unclear, this much was confirmed last night:
    • Nine of the detainees — seven women and two men — were released from the Bristol County House of Corrections yesterday, according to Bernie Sullivan, spokesman for the Bristol County House of Corrections. Those detainees were all from El Salvador.
    • Nine detainees from Texas were also being processed for release, according to Paula Grenier, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. An immigrant attorney in Boston said another detainee from Texas, who was born in Mexico, had joined the nine Dartmouth detainees yesterday.
    It was unclear last night if the one woman from Texas was part of the nine ICE had announced were being released.
    One of those released was a woman whose 6-year-old daughter had been cared for by a baby sitter since being arrested Tuesday. The others included a woman with diabetes and a woman whose husband had been taking care of their 1-year-old child, according to immigration attorney Ondine Galvez Sniffin of Catholic Social Services.
    "They're very tired, they've really been under the gun," said John Willshire Carrera, an attorney with Greater Boston Legal Services. "They said they felt humiliated, like they were treated like the worst of the worst criminals."

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070313/NEWS/703130317

8. TacOps

TacOps MassCops Member

They had another article in today's paper about DSS demanding the aliens being detained are released due to "humanitarian concerns". I'm sure by now ICE has already decided they are not doing another raid in liberal ass massachusetts.

It's a federal deal, lay off, DeVille Patrick.

9. kwflatbed

RI 12 News Poll

Do you support the deportation of undocumented immigrant workers? Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far.

Yes 86%
    No 14%

I guess RI does not agree with left liberal MA

Mayor Speaks Out About Immigration Raid

Officials Upset With Way Situation Handled

BOSTON -- Supporters planned to gather in Boston on Tuesday to rally against last week's immigration raid as the mayor of New Bedford spoke out about the incident.

NewsCenter 5's Amalia Barreda reported that the mayor is angry with the way the raid was handled by the federal government.

"I noticed that the president down in Guatemala yesterday said that this was the kind of action that catches the Congress' attention. This doesn't catch the Congress' attention. This wreaks havoc in New Bedford, Mass.," New Bedford Mayor Scott Lang said.
    Lang erupted over the chaos that he said the raid has caused in his city. Families affected by the raid have been showing up at St. Hedwig Church, where donations of food, clothing and other necessities are piling up.

A pregnant woman from El Salvador, who doesn't want to be identified, said she hasn't spoken to her husband since they were both arrested last Tuesday. She was released because of her condition.

"Oh my god. What I would most like is for him to come back. I need him because I'm going to have my baby April 3. I have two weeks left, and I don't know when he's going to arrive here," the woman said.

"New Bedford stands for families. And I thought George Bush did, too. I thought his dad did. I thought his brother did. I though that's what that was all about. So separating families doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense," Lang said.

The New Bedford School Department has also had to mobilize. Officials said they are working 24-7, trying to determine how many children have been affected by the raid.

They don't have any final numbers, but officials believe more than 200 kids have been directly impacted and are said to be suffering severe trauma despite the safety net New Bedford is attempting to construct.

"On Sunday there were some children walking around with pictures of their mother saying, 'Have you seen my mom?' They haven't seen their mom in five days, four days," New Bedford School Department Assistant Superintendent Fred Fuentes said.

Housing is another issue that some say is becoming a problem.

"Families are getting locked out of their apartments. That is a fact. There are some landlords in this community who are afraid to have illegal aliens in their houses so they have locked them out," said Bethany Toure of New Bedford Community Connections.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/11243795/detail.html

10. K9Vinny

K9Vinny MassCops Member

Crazy Irish, time to call you out. You are just toooo emphatic over this issue to be a legitimate LEO. Are your sure your last named doesn't end in a Z or a vowel? Sounds like a personal conflict of interest going on inside there.

11. kwflatbed

No sympathy for illegal immigrants among some in SouthCoast

A wave of anger is swelling among SouthCoast residents and legal immigrants over the support for undocumented workers arrested by federal agents at a South End factory.
    Citizens in the SouthCoast and beyond are flooding local talk radio programs and The Standard-Times to complain about the portrayal of the 361 mostly Central American workers as noble, despite their illegal entry into the city's work force.

"What about us? That's what they want to know," said talk show host Evan Rousseau about the callers to his WBSM morning program that have tied up his five phone lines every day since the raid by federal agents last Tuesday.
    "People are angry," Mr. Rousseau said. "Ninety-five percent of the callers are angry. They want to know why no one is asking them, citizens and legal immigrants, about how someone legally can work 50 hours a week and still have trouble buying groceries for their family."
    The anger bubbling to the surface of talk radio and the newspaper gushes out of a deep, unsettled pool of frustration and resentment fueled by the influx of new immigrants to this city of immigrants. The local vitriol varies little from that which is heard throughout the country about America's troubled and uneven administration of its immigration laws.
    America's failed immigration policy runs a close second to Iraq on the spectrum of issues convulsing the nation. The question for Congress in the upcoming debate has two parts: How to handle the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants residing in the United States today and how to strengthen the nation's borders when a solution is found to the first problem.

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070314/NEWS/703140339

12. crazy irish

crazy irish Guest

My mother became a citizen in 1969. She was an irish imigrant who came here through Canada. My fathers parents did the same thing. Both from Ireland. He served in the Korea. Sorry if I dont support you redneck agenda. Maybe my parents should have been rounded up and kicked out too? Hell, any idea how many illegal irish there are in this state? But all I hear about on this site are about south american illegals. They fucked up this operation from the get go.

13. TacOps

TacOps MassCops Member

Maybe my parents should have been rounded up and kicked out too? Were your parents illegal? If so, yes they should have. However, I think they completely ligit.

14. coldsteel

coldsteel New Member

Im sure some that posted on this thread were'nt just talking about south americans but all illegals.... Just my .02

15. kwflatbed

This is one time I think I would belive the feds.

Gov: State Had Months To Prepare For Raid

Patrick Says Feds Hindered Response

BOSTON -- Gov. Deval Patrick said state officials knew months in advance of a planned immigration raid at a New Bedford factory and adequately prepared for its repercussions.

But the governor says federal authorities hindered state response by failing to cooperate as the raid unfolded.

Since the round-up of 361 alleged illegal immigrants at the Michael Bianco Incorporated factory on March 6, Patrick and members of the state's congressional delegation have repeated criticized U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials for failing to work with them.
    Federal officials have maintained all along that they planned and prepared for the raid for months with the state.

But Patrick said the expected cooperation between the state and federal governments did not occur.

The Standard Times New Bedford 3/15/2007

ICE defends its actions during raid - 3/15/2007
    The American way in New Bedford 2007 - 3/15/2007

16. kwflatbed

ABOUT THE NEW BEDFORD DETAINEES

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has released the nationalities of all of the men and women who were detained at last week's Michael Bianco Inc. raid. Of the 361 people who were arrested, 35 were immediately released, followed by 25 more the next day, all to care for young children. The rest were held at Fort Devens in Ayer until ICE flew two groups to Texas.

According to court documents, 116 illegal immigrants were flown to the El Paso Processing Center in El Paso, Texas: 87 Guatemalans, 23 Hondurans, three Mexicans, one Portuguese, one Ecuadorian and one Cape Verdean. They were 94 males and 22 females

90 illegal immigrants were flown to a detention facility in Harlingen, Texas: 64 Guatemalans, 15 Hondurans, six Brazilians, three Cape Verdeans and two Mexicans.

90 illegal immigrants, all from El Salvador, were being held in three New England facilities: Bristol County House of Corrections in Dartmouth, Barnstable County House of Corrections in Bourne, and the Wyatt Detention Center in Central Falls, R.I.

Michael Bianco treated workers well, PR firm says

Cost of illegal immigrants tough to calculate

3/17/2007

Dozens of detainees had faced deportation before

NEW BEDFORD — Of the 361 immigrants grabbed by federal authorities in last week's raid on Michael Bianco Inc., 55 already had orders to be deported. And 11 of those arrested had been deported at least once previously.

17. kwflatbed

3/18/2007

Hundreds attend rally for those detained in immigration raid

[​IMG]
    JOHN SLADEWSKI/The Standard-Times Flags are waved in response to a speaker at a rally yesterday for illegal immigrants detained in the March 6 raid at a defense contractor’s plant in the city. Hundreds gathered at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School in support of workers detained in the sweep.JOHN SLADEWSKI

By Brian Boyd
    Standard-Times staff writer
    March 18, 2007 6:00 AM
    NEW BEDFORD — Calling for a more humane immigration policy, a procession of speakers addressed hundreds of people at a rally yesterday in support of those detained in a raid at a local defense contractor's plant.
    "Let us work together to craft a policy that promotes justice, protects the vulnerable and ennobles us all," Howard Mabry, a leader of the sponsoring agency, United Interfaith Action, told those attending the rally at Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational-Technical High School.

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/NEWS/703180355

Heckler ejected from rally for immigrants

By Jack Spillane
    NEW BEDFORD — Though yesterday's rally in support of the undocumented workers caught up in the Michael Bianco raid was packed with immigrants and their supporters, a lone woman holding a counter-protest sign succeeded in throwing the rally off stride for a bit.
    Marjorie Blaha of New Bedford held a sign that said, "ICE protects my mother, America, by deportation of illegal alien criminals."

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/NEWS/703180356

Factory slipped through cracks

By ROB MARGETTA
    NEW BEDFORD — Although Michael Bianco Inc. fell under the watchful eye of several federal agencies, their narrow investigative focus seems to have let the defense contractor fly under the radar, continuing to operate with illegal immigrants for years.
    "The Bianco disgrace seems like a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing," said Sen. John F. Kerry, D-Mass. "This administration's policy must be to notify all relevant agencies about all investigations so that everyone is on the same page."

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/NEWS/703180343

ADL to start focusing on fighting anti-immigrant bias

By The Associated Press
    BOSTON — The Anti-Defamation League of New England, which is primarily known for combating anti-Semitism, plans to put significant focus on the fight against what is says is rising hostility against immigrants.
    Leaders of the ADL said they are alarmed at the animus toward immigrants that is surfacing as the country debates how to secure its borders.

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/NEWS/703180349

18. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Yea, lets tell all Mass agencies about pending raids so that they can notify the approriate people...you know, THE FREAKIN TARGETS of the raid!

ROB MARGETTA
    NEW BEDFORD — Although Michael Bianco Inc. fell under the watchful eye of several federal agencies, their narrow investigative focus seems to have let the defense contractor fly under the radar, continuing to operate with illegal immigrants for years.
    "The Bianco disgrace seems like a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing," said Sen. John F. Kerry, D-Mass. "This administration's policy must be to notify all relevant agencies about all investigations so that everyone is on the same page."

19. kwflatbed

DSS, ICE still fighting over immigrant detainees

By Aaron Nicodemus
    March 20, 2007 6:00 AM
    NEW BEDFORD — Two weeks after the federal immigration raid on Michael Bianco Inc., state and federal officials are still jostling over the fate of 12 illegal immigrants.
    Detainees that the Massachusetts Department of Social Services have requested be released include a pregnant woman, a mother whose 2-year-old child has asthma and an eating disorder, a mother whose 7-year-old daughter has severe allergies, a woman with cancer, six fathers with young children and a son who cares for a diabetic father. DSS has also requested that a father and his 18-year-old son be released.

Documents filed with the U.S. District Court in Boston by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and by DSS, lay out the ongoing dispute between the two agencies over whether to release these 12 individuals.
    Gov. Deval Patrick has called the raid's impact on families a "humanitarian crisis." At the Statehouse today, an oversight hearing will be held to discuss the "New Bedford Raid's Impact on Children and Families." DSS Commissioner Harry Spence, Health and Human Services Secretary JudyAnn Bigby and Executive Office of Public Safety Secretary Kevin Burke are all expected to testify. ICE was not invited.
    While the federal agency has been criticized for separating immigrant parents from their families, of the 44 detainees DSS had requested be released for "humanitarian reasons," ICE has already released 32 of them. ICE has released a total of 90 of the 361 illegal aliens arrested March 6, the day of the raid. A number of others have successfully posted bonds of between $1,500 and $3,000.

Full Story: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS/703200362

20. EOD1

EOD1 Subscribing Member

Immigrants worry about more ICE raids

Immigrants worry about more ICE raids
    By Liz Mineo/Daily News Staff
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 - Updated:
    01:00 AM EDT

The recent raid on a New Bedford leather manufacturer that netted 361 illegal immigrants - leaving dozens of families in turmoil - has the region's immigrant community anxiously looking over their shoulders.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/homepage/x2066794328

here's 1 quote:
    & heres a great quote:

21. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Re: Immigrants worry about more ICE raids

"Life is becoming harder and harder for illegal immigrants," said Brazilian businesswoman Marisol Carper. "They cannot drive. They cannot find jobs. Many are moving out of the state and others are going back to Brazil."

GOOD!!!!

22. MM1799

MM1799 Subscribing Member

This sentiment for these illegals is sickening. How about having a heart for American citizens who cannot get jobs because owners are willing to hire these illegals at $3.00/hr and lower.

The people who are legalized do it through the right channels and believe it or not: they learn english. On a side note, if they decide to attempt to deport 12 million people, there is room for 3-4 in my car. As a President once said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". :)

23. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

"Life is becoming harder and harder for illegal immigrants," said Brazilian businesswoman Marisol Carper. "They cannot drive. They cannot find jobs. Many are moving out of the state and others are going back to Brazil."

good bye

24. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Good!

25. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Dont let the barbedwire cut you on the way out amigo