Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a loophole to get the IBPO to pay for outside representation? It seems I am going to need it and the attorney we have locally has very limited criminal defense time. When it comes to your job on the line, well, I think we can all agree we need someone with some experience. I am not currently a member of Legal Defense Fund and my department will soon be dropping IBPO. this is garbage, talk about sleepless nights

Thanks

G

·
The IBPO is required to provide you with an attorney, but you don't get to choose which one. You can take your case to the national executive board, but don't expect much. You can always petition your own local to fund a private attorney through supplemental dues, fundraisers, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would call Nolan and Perroni (978-454-3800). They did a great good for my friend over in Holbrook and they guy's in the shooting in Worcester. If your local is going with NEPBA they would take the case on for free, I believe I was told that at a eboard meeting. These guys are great attorney's and I have used them myself. If you use IBPO good luck! When we had them the changed attorney's on one of my guy's four differnt times over a year period. Best of luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Catching up with the board...

If it's something serious, get as far away from the union attorney as possible. If you have assets (i.e. a house) use it to get a specialized attorney, general practice attorney's are not the way to go. Money talks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts