IBM Wants Traffic Lights to Remotely Stop your Car | MassCops

IBM Wants Traffic Lights to Remotely Stop your Car

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by CJIS, May 28, 2010.

1. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

IBM Wants Traffic Lights to Remotely Stop your Car
    physorg.com — (PhysOrg.com) -- IBM has filed a patent application for a traffic light system that can remotely stop and start the engines of vehicles, with the aim of increasing fuel consumption efficiency at busy intersections.

2. ?!?!? WHAT?! I can see all kinds of ways this could go wrong. Seriously? I don't need a computer controlling when my car is allowed to shut off and restart. What about emergency situations when you need to move your car out of the way? What about the inevitable malfunctions when one car won't start up? Can the system be hacked? Come on, computers are great, but let's not get crazy!

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

There is way to much computer controlled crap on the cars now.

4. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

This will never work

5. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Go Fuck Yourself IBM.
    I'm sick of big brother up my ass. Sell me a car and let me do with it what I chose.
    I love technology, but technology can also be an intrusion on our personal liberties.

Please stay the fuck out of our lives.

6. 8MORE

8MORE MassCops Angel

I will not buy GM products for many reasons these days,Onstar one of them.Also, I do not like anything that has a computer generated voice telling me to do anything. Now IBM wants to put a computer in my car so I do not have total control of it! SCREW YOU IBM!!!!