Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to interview a cop for my criminal justice class. I've tried many different places and all I've gotten are jerks who think they are funny. Can anyone help me on here?

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
Honesty said:
I need to interview a cop for my criminal justice class. I've tried many different places and all I've gotten are jerks who think they are funny. Can anyone help me on here?
maybe you should call them POLICE OFFICERS. The only person that can call a cop a COP is another COP. From the way you framed your request you can go fly a kite. you must be on your way to becoming a lawyer.

·
1,334 Posts
I would suggest the following:

1. Speak with the Chief or shift supervisor about who you are, your affiliation (school), and your intentions.

2. Prepare your questions before hand and put together a nice packet. Being prepared will show your taking your assignment seriously and not just any joe blow off the street asking dumb questions like "how many people have you shot", "is that a real gun", etc...

3. Try interviewing a Chief of Police, many love to tell war stories of when they were patrolmen. Maybe a Lieutenant or Sergeant if your report is going to be more about supervisory issues. If your getting the "jerks who think they are funny", maybe you should reevaluate your approach or make sure your walking in there with the right attitude! Police have an uncanny ability to pick up on many things, attitude and truthfulness especially.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Honesty said:
Where do you go? If there's a campus PD, go there. I'm sure someone will help you out. I had to interview a police officer for a class 2 years ago and I just made it all up....got an A. So...theres an option for you.

·
1,334 Posts
badogg88 said:
Where do you go? If there's a campus PD, go there. I'm sure someone will help you out. I had to interview a police officer for a class 2 years ago and I just made it all up....got an A. So...theres an option for you.
Must have been a good interview :lol: . Was it for a WNEC class?

·
Registered
547 Posts
frapmpd24 said:
Must have been a good interview :lol: . Was it for a WNEC class?
Haha, no BSC. But my teacher said to give us the officer's name and the # for the PD and she was going to call and verify. My boyfriend was an officer at the time so I told him I was using him and he said OK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.