Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Was it the issued city special officer badge with the expiration date, or a custom made special police badge?
I had to dig this out, forgot I had it. When I was a "Housing Cop" haha j/k, when I was a private contract security red-striper working in a housing development, a guy who left for BPD gave me this. Obviously some custom job. Neat souvenir though.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I had to dig this out, forgot I had it. When I was a "Housing Cop" haha j/k, when I was a private contract security red-striper working in a housing development, a guy who left for BPD gave me this. Obviously some custom job. Neat souvenir though.

Not a Custom job. These fucking things were/and are I believe a dime a dozen. Doughboy was selling these like hotcakes.

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
good old dough boys :cool:

Paul still around ?

the place on Boston St. has been gone for awhile, but was told their still someplace in the city.

G

·
good old dough boys :cool:

Paul still around ?

the place on Boston St. has been gone for awhile, but was told their still someplace in the city.
The Weymouth location has been gone for years, also.

I miss the "original" Dough Boy, the coffee shop that also served food late night. It was depressing when it was sold and turned into yet another cookie-cutter DD's.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
I remember seeing that type of boston special badge the custom one being worn by the prudential mall security guards and certain cvs security guards. By copley square. During my old patrol days.

·
Subscribing Member
1,615 Posts
Eh, he wasn't a dick about it and I'm lazy, so I told him to screw.
The Mets stopped me once on my way home from Beantown.
I didn't say shit about that square badge I had with me, or ask
for any favors as a Boston Special Police Officer,
and although I probably deserved everything that I had coming to me...
they still let me go.

Not every Auxillary/Special/Volunteer/Part-Timer/Reserve/etc... deserves our wrath either.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,370 Posts
I would bet there are a few specials out there with more real world experience then I've got, so even though they maybe looked at as something short of lepers by some, I'll engage in conversation before making a judgement.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would bet there are a few specials out there with more real world experience then I've got, so even though they maybe looked at as something short of lepers by some, I'll engage in conversation before making a judgement.
Agreed. Myself and many others started out in this game as one. Of course there were plenty of yahoos then, and there still are now. But I don't forget where I came from either.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Agreed. Myself and many others started out in this game as one. Of course there were plenty of yahoos then, and there still are now. But I don't forget where I came from either.
^^^^
This.

Reactions: Code 3 and BigThree

·
Registered
876 Posts
These are both outstanding replies. Kudos to both of you. You both are spot on.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,673 Posts
Damn straight! hell I've been moving backwards myself lately HA HA!!!!
:eek:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,673 Posts
Aww! Come on now Sauce........some Boston Specials make great Sergeants Where you work...:)
Welcome back there Bronco-Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed you much!;)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts