I am curious.......... | MassCops

I am curious..........

Discussion in 'University & Campus Police' started by rdmj72, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdmj72

rdmj72 MassCops Member

Note: If this question has been asked before, I apologize before hand..............

I was wondering which hospital security depts. in Boston do NOT wear the "blazer" style uniforms.

My reason for this question:
    I worked 6 years in a hospital that had the "shirt and badge" uniform which was fine with me. Then I left there for a hospital where you had to wear the "blazer" uniform. In my opinion it sucked and serves no purpose in a hospital setting. I was hot as hell for the whole 8hrs. that I was working and that was on the quiet days. If it was busy, I was "dead" before half the shift was over from literally running all over the hospital (no, I am not fat and out of shape either). I guess my body gets too over heated from wearing a jacket in doors, I do not know. But, I do know , that I will never do hospital security again in a BLAZER!:FT:

Any info you guys can give will be great, thanks.

2. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

Beth Israel security officers where light blue uniform shirts and navy pants. They have both summer and winter attire. The police at the hospital where navy shirts/pants. Very professional organization!

3. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

I would have to agree with MITPO62, the BI uniforms are not half bad, they provide winter and summer uniforms, rain gear, winter coat, sweater, boots etc.

4. rdmj72

rdmj72 MassCops Member

Thanks for the info guys....

5. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

Cambridge Hospital wear regular Police Uniforms,the patch says Cambrige Hospital Police. We are currently constables and in the process of becoming SSPO's.

6. sgtsmithers

sgtsmithers MassCops Member

what's the authority of a constable in/at your institution?:-k Are constables issued horses?just kidding-giddee up

7. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

As a Constable it gives us Police Powers so as long as we're on our Property.

8. sgtsmithers

similar to a town/city special po? chapter 90?

9. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

are you armed at cambridge hospital

10. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

No Chapter 90 and no firearms,we have Pepper spray,handcuffs and the expandable batons. We are in the process of becoming SSPO's because we have a few clinics not in Cambridge so therefore we have no powers at those sites.

11. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

Biting tongue? Explain

12. JoninNH

JoninNH New Member

I think he's bitting his tounge about the whole constable thing.

13. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

I am Gagged and gagging myself!!!!!

:sh:

14. ponyboy

ponyboy MassCops Member

A Few of our guys were sworn yesterday as SSPO's. You can stop biting your tongue now.

15. sgtsmithers

congrats. what do you do with their horses now that they are not constables?GLUE-time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.