Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

HR218 LEOSA Visiting Cop Carry in NYC and NJ?

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Roy Fehler 
#1 ·
Asking for a friend....... What's the latest info on this in these areas? Safe Act status? (Mag capacity?) Hollow points in NJ should now be OK, per the latest version of LEOSA, correct? How bout an eight shot S&W M3913 loaded with FMJ, just to be overly cautious in NJ? But if an 8-shot 9mm semi auto is not ok in NY, maybe go really old school with a 2" .38 revolver?

#2 ·
Have Legit Creds, current qual certificate, and USCCA membership card. They might hold him up for a bit, but he'll never be charged with all three in his pocket........

#7 · (Edited)
You should be fine. If you go to 9/11 it is an issue. Wasn't an issue carrying there on 9/12/01 but that's another story. BTW your always better with the 3" .38.
FIFY.....Revolvers rock!

#11 ·
Not hijacking you MSW but I'm curious, I was doing some research online speaking of New York, anybody know what Amtrak is like letting active on armed? My gut says they don't let it go but Only thing I could find was if you are on duty or carrying out an official function.

#13 ·
The irony smack here is that the FOP and others fought and won, in the first revision to the LEOSA, to specifically include AMTRAK Police Officers..............This is how AMTRAK Rewards us.
:mad:

#19 ·
Jaw Zombie Ear Scar Wrinkle
I wouldn't carry in NYC. Any place that allows people to throw water on cops would jam another cop with LEOSA. But under the reform, I guess you'd probably be fine anyways. Ha
I've carried on my visits to NYC regularly for many many years. Never had an issue, even when flying out of JFK and declaring it at the airline counter in my checked baggage. (The Port Authority PD cops are always very professional when they come by to check my credentials.) My specific question was about the current status of the SAFE Act mag capacity restrictions..... still don't have an answer about that. But I'm back now, all went well, didn't even run into any coronavirus zombies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.