Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last summer job had a letter posted in the patrol room by the new Director of the DOC Kathleen Dennehy, which in short asked each MA Police Department to contact her office should they run into a DOC Employee screwing off or getting arrested off duty.
Then I see this:

I'm leaving work the other day and let a DOC marked cruiser sneak out infront of me...on the back bumper: HOWS MY DRIVING? CALL 617-???-????.

Are you F*cking kidding me? How unproffessional and low do you want your employees to feel? What the hell is going on in that department? The job conditions suck enough as is, why is there a need to encourage a rat system from the PD's as well as post a huge bumper sticker on the back of thier cruisers?

I really do feel bad for those guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thank You Mikey. You're correct about the bumper sticker. It is insulting and humiliating being a CO for this State.

We do are job to the best of our abilities. We've gotton a lot of bad press lately for doing that job, but we still do it.

I can only imagine how many ex-cons, pissed off visitors that have called that bumper sticker number! Our cars / vans are everywhere. The court houses, state highways and hospitals accross the Commonwealth.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mikey,

It is pretty sad to see other departments see how messed up our department leadership is. I addressed this issue with our union late last year when I first saw the bumper sticker but never followed up on it. I would like to think it is to lower insurance rates but I can say it is not for that. It is like you said to utillize the P.D. to rat on the D.O.C. and it is a insult not only to us but to you folks as well. As my colleague GateKeeper said anyone and thier mother can call a complaint and most likely some form of discipline will follow. I knew it was only a matter of time before this topic was brought up. I have to admitt when I first saw it I thought someone was being funny then I saw all of the marked cruisers with them. Take care be safe.JGH

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yeah you got these knuckleheads running depts. everywhere. Seems the only prerequsite to be a boss is to give up your common sense. Oh well, I guess it's up to us grunts to keep things in check. :)

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
Hey Sarge439...Here's how it works

When you are a patrolman, the Sergeant is an idiot
When you are a Sergeant, the Lt. is an idiot
When you are a Lt., the Captain is an idiot
When you are a Captain, you are either the Chief's "boy", or you think the Chief is an idiot.

Sounds like sour grapes man...because you may disagree with what the boss is doing doesn't necessarily mean he has lost it. Remember, most boss's did your job at some point.

There are knuckleheads up and down the chain...If you are lucky, you move ahead to become the head knucklehead, the rank and file call you stupid, and the cycle starts all over again...

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
chief801";p="62800 said:
Remember, most boss's did your job at some point.
That is exactly the problem with Dennehey. If I remember correctly she has never in her life had a job that involved actual inmate contact. This is important because she will continue to make policies that are strictly written for the public perception instead of the impact the policies will have on the DOC facilities and the staff.

Good luck to everyone @ DOC you guys/gals had a tough enough job before she took the helm seems like its just getting worse.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The State Police lead by a Trooper

Municiple Police lead by a Police Officer

Department of Correction lead by a Counselor/ Case Worker

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Do what I did. Just call the number & tell the nice people on the other end of the line that the DOC car in question was obeying all traffic signals and even let an old lady & boy scout cross the road in front of them.

Dennehy is an unmittigated HACK who never carried keys or walked a cellblock in her life. Even Bratton, the self serving promoter that he is, walked a beat, albeit for only a couple years.

She's surrounded by incompitence at the highest levels and doesn't even have a clue. She badmouths her employees on TV and throws 10% of them right under the bus in an interview. Who the hell would want to work for a boss like that??

Chief801,
Even YOU have more scruples than that, I hope! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.