Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all courts as screwed up as this?

On January 6th 2005 as you know Massachusetts had reasonably good snow / ice storm. On this day I along with several other officers that go to Ayer District Court were scheduled to have judge appeals for Civil Motor Vehicle Infractions. The clerk called the first defendant, however the defendant was not there therefore the judge gave it a second call, this happened about six more times. What pisses me off is that the first time that the defendant was there and the officer was not, the judge was automatically finding the defendant not responsible :evil:. The judge did not consider that officer's may have had a difficult time getting to court just the same as a defendant. Just another example of a liberal judge !!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not looking for a response, just venting on how police and civilians are not treated equally by Mass Courts.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I love judge appeals, officer state your case...... ok sir do you have any questions for the officer (most of the time ...duh no I just don't think it was a fair ticket) ok sir I will take that under advisement....

NEXT CASE....

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
No, that's not how it usually works in my court Gil. Usually after the violators dumb response, the clerk reduces the $680 open container and speeding ticket that you issued to the shi_tbag with a 20 page KQ to $100. Sometimes you just wonder...... what the hell is the point. I agree with Drewpoopi %100. These courts cater to the dingleberries for the most part.

·
1,334 Posts
You get to watch the best comedy show going and get paid for it. I love the excuses that are told to the judge and then the "cross examination" by the person who got cited :-({|= . Either they have no clue what to say or they think they are F. Lee Bailey and OJ's Dream Team asking about the color paint on the stop sign or how many microvolts the radar unit uses.

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
True story,
I had a guy the other day tell the Clerk that he was speeding because he had no control of his "anus muscles" :lol:
I sh_t you not! No pun intended. He proceeded to tell the clerk that after I let him go, he sh_t himself and drove approx. 20 miles with the duece in his drawers!!! He had a KQ of about 6 pages, with numerous OUI's, speeding, suspensions and everything else you could think of. The ticket I wrote him was for 51mph in a 20 mph zone. The clerk reduced it to $100. What a joke. I still got my 4 hours though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use to remember the Clerk out of Westfield District Court(he has since retired I believe). He was most of the time very Pro LE. Especially when he had some college kid in front of him. I would have to guess at least 95% of the time it was a responsible finding for full amount.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My favorite is when the clerk tries to give the guy a "$50 special" on a $150.00 citation, but the citizen, in righteous indignation, demands an appeal.

The appeal goes like this:

Judge: "Do you have any questions for the officer?"

Citizen: "...Incredibly inane BS, unfair, Ihaveagoodrecord...etc"

Judge: "I have to find you responsible. $150. When can you pay?"

Citizen: "Hey, wait...that's not fair...the other guy said $50!"

Judge: "Yeah, well I'm not the 'other guy'...you should've taken his deal. When can you pay?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.