Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a recent criminal justice grad, and as well as i did on the recent civil service police test, who knows what is going to happen with all the cut backs and everything going on. So i wanted to look into corrections. I am just not sure if it is a civil service test that is given for the job, or if there is other hiring means. Any information would be greatly appreciated, or if you know of anywhere i could find some useful information.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
I have yet to hear of a new test for Correction Officer for the Mass. DOC, but you could call your local Sheriff's Office and ask if they are accepting applications and if so fill one out.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
The state will probably not be offering a test for awhile. Each Sheriff's department has different hiring procedures. My department, Essex, is accepting applications now. Check the website for more information.

www.eccf.com

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
hey Moose,

If you are interested in looking into Corrections check with all the local county sheriffs departments around where you live. Some have residency requirements some dont. You might want to also try the Federal Level do a search on USAJOBS for Corrections. As far as the Mass State Dept of Corrections goes they would post a test on the Mass HRD Website. I highly doubt the state will be conducting a test anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The rumor in the MA DOC that is circulating is that there is a possibility of a new test in or around March 2004. Seems to me that the word would be out by now if it was going to be in March but maybe shortly thereafter. They only took two classes so far off of the last test, times have been tough with the dough but they need the help bad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons and we are always taking applications for Correctional officer for FMC Devens in Ayer Mass. You would want to go to www.bop.gov and fill out the online application. PM me if you have additional questions and I would be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I heard from a source within today that the next DOC class is starting in February. Anyone one in one the inside know of this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PearlOnyx, do you know if you are still accepting applications for essex county. I have tried to call human resources, and also have emailed them but haven't had any luck in finding anything out. Also is there an application i can get, because on the website it just says to mail in your resume. Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pearl,

The Febraury MA DOC class was a rumor that was being thrown around but nothing is definite at this time. Also, I do not know of anyone that would be eligible for that class receiving any notification at this time. It stands to reason that something would be in the mix if this was accurate, but then again we all know how Massachusetts can be with their hiring. ](*,)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whoopsy!!!

The salutation on my last post should be directed to PJM not Pearl, my bad. I guess I done did had a brane fart on that one.

JV

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also heard that there might be a class in Feb. and maybe even a second one in spring or summer. I also heard that these academies maybe live-in. Again this is all rumors that are floating around.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I really can't imagine that the DOC academy would become a live in academy. The recently gave up their facility in Medfield and moved to a smaller area on the Shirley campus. I don't think they would have the needs or the facilities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.