Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my mag question went was answered I will ask this one.
How does everyone carry their baton? Behind the firearm or on the oher side in front of the radio for a cross draw?

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
I want to carry it crossdraw, but between spare mags, cuffs, taser, and radio (all of which must go on the other side), I just don't have enough waist space over there for it. So I've been putting it behind my firearm on my strong side.

·
Registered
186 Posts
First it was mags, now it is the baton. What's next OC followed by cuffs and then portable? What are you doing building a computer model of how a PO should dress? Everyones needs are different some are slim, others are fat, some have long reaches, others do not. Wear your equipment as how you need and use it, not based upon popular opinion of placement.

Now for the important question...Do you put your socks on first, then your shoes or do you do one sock then a shoe, then the other sock and shoe? I'm dying to know.

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Right side behind firearm. Originally I had it on the left side but, the seat belt would get hung up on the baton every so often.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,755 Posts
MarkBoston @ 17 Aug 2004 16:22 said:
First it was mags, now it is the baton. What's next OC followed by cuffs and then portable? What are you doing building a computer model of how a PO should dress? Everyones needs are different some are slim, others are fat, some have long reaches, others do not. Wear your equipment as how you need and use it, not based upon popular opinion of placement.

Now for the important question...Do you put your socks on first, then your shoes or do you do one sock then a shoe, then the other sock and shoe? I'm dying to know.
Why you dirty, petty, angry, cynical, critical, pissed-off little poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll:

·
Registered
186 Posts
MarkBoston @ 17 Aug 2004 16:22 said:

Why you dirty, petty, angry, cynical, critical, pissed-off little poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll:
Dirty - no, I shower every day and twice a day if needed. Not that you'll ever see me...I have never been to Massaoit and don't make it a habit to drive thru parking lots fast anyway, so if I'm ever there you'll never know unless I want you to.
Petty - If you mean..."marked by or reflective of narrow interests and sympathies", then guilty I could not care less how you wear your equipment. I care how I wear mine, but I do not tell the world how I carry my stuff.
Angry - Guilty but only when dealing with those who think their stuff smells like roses.
Cynical - guilty if you mean "contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives" unfortunately dealing with the general public does that. You see the majority of my public doesn't leave the area just after 2 years. My idiots stick around for what seems forever, and then the idiots mate and have other idiots.
Critical - If you mean " inclined to criticize severely and unfavorably" then guilty again. See above for my standard reply.
Pissed-off - Not Guilty actually I'm in a good mood most of the time, but thanks for asking.
Little Poop - If at my size I were to be considered a "little poop" then Woody you would be less then a skid mark on a pair of BVD's.

Does this answer your question, Officer Adjective?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

Well, I usually put one sock on at a time; usually my right sock followed by my left. I then take my right shoe and put it on my right foot, and lace it up. Then I do the same with my left shoe. :lol:

I think you may need to lay off the expresso, MarkBoston. :!:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,755 Posts
JoninNH @ 28 Aug 2004 16:17 said:
I think you may need to lay off the expresso, MarkBoston. :!:
Perhaps he's just dimorphic. At least he deals with the "same public" whatever that means. A tangible portion of my CMVI stops on the boulevard turn out to have warrants from districts courts including Brockton, Stoughton, Quincy, Dorchester, and Roxbury to name a few. Maybe we know some of the same people?
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Scotty you gotta stop hooking those poor students, all they want is an education :twisted:

I wasnt taught to put it behind the gun for any reason, i just noticed that almost everyone at my current department (for the next 2 weeks anyways..) carries it behind the gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts