HOV lane ticket - should I appeal? | MassCops

HOV lane ticket - should I appeal?

Discussion in 'Tickets & Citations' started by Sunny, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sunny

Sunny New Member

Hello all,
    I recently got a ticket for driving in the HOV lane. The state trooper had multiple cars lined up as if giving tickets like an assembly line. This was my first offense, otherwise lawful driver. The ticket is $100 and the the court fee is $25 if I appeal?

For me, $100 is a lot of money and would go a long to help this medical student eat. Should I appeal?

2. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

If you can't read the giant "2+ Only" sign at the entrance of the HOV, how can I expect you to read my medical chart? I don't want to die due to your illiteracy.
    If you intentionally used the HOV with only one person in the car, then you are unethical and have no business in the medical profession. Burger King is hiring.

Pay the ticket.

Fuzzywuzzy, OfficerMack, KAS and 6 others like this.
  3. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

APPEAL--------------we love the OT

4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Appeal. Show that trooper that he can't just stand there and give out tickets like they're Halloween candy. Obviously you had some place to be and he should have taken your future occupation into consideration. #medschoolstudentsmatter #ticketsaren'tcandy #saynotoassemblylines

5. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

The audacity of that Trooper to give You a ticket as if your'e no better than all those other people who were violating the law. Bet you can't wait to graduate and start making tons of money so you can drive around in a Beemer. Goodluck with that once Obamacare kicks in with all it's glory.

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I'm just happy she isn't a lawyer.

mtc likes this.
  7. P60

P60 New Member

Legend has it if the Trooper was not wearing a hat it's an AUTOMATIC not responsible. Make sure you ask the Trooper in front of the magistrate. Defiantly appeal!

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Defiantly or definitely? Not sure what you meant to say but either way it works.

9. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

Did the trooper include how many of your invisible friends where in the car on the back of the ticket?
    You need to tell the magistrate about that also.

10. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

image.png

pahapoika likes this.
  11. KAS

KAS MassCops Member

You should definitely appeal. Make sure to park in the handicap spot at the courthouse.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Does anyone else feel like if they got rid of the HOV, both directions would get an extra lane? I avoid the HOV like gas station sushi. One breakdown or crash and you are royally screwed.

Sorry Sunny, I have no useful advice for you.

Goose and mtc like this.
  13. OfficerMack

OfficerMack MassCops Member

I hate to say it bud, suck it up and pay it. Better yet, next time get a fake mannequin to put in your passenger seat if driving in the HOV lane really means something to you.

If it is true that you are a medical student, that really scares me, really it does. I have much less faith in the medical system now after hearing that one of you are not able to read a "2 passengers minimum" sign. Keep in mind that being in the medical field requires a lot of procedures and policies, probably more so than in the police force. If you can't obey traffic laws, what makes us think that you can follow proper policies and procedures in the medical field?

Sorry man, you're receiving no sympathy here. What we're telling you is the dead accurate realities. Suck it up, pay the ticket, and move on with your life. If you want to appeal it, by all means, do it. I'm sure the Trooper who pulled you over could use the overtime pay for his next summer vacation.

14. TRN

TRN MassCops Member

Nothing to lose

15. Sunny

Sunny New Member

Why would I work at Burger King when I'm a physician? That doesn't sound smart. Perhaps that's why I'm a doctor and you're a cop.
    You should lookup medical education costs before commenting.
    I never said that, but everyone knows that cops think like this.
    So you've never pulled over a physician before? If so, do you deem all physicians incapable of practicing medicine since they can't read a road sign? Perhaps you should voice your opinion and never see a doctor again. I'm sure nobody would mind a cop's life expectancy cut in half.

16. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

i wasn't going to get involved in this conversation but your last line there is completely uncalled for. Especially from someone who either has, or is about to take an oath to help people from a medical standpoint.

I highly doubt your current or future employer (and patients) would be happy with this statement and thought process.

38bigblock, the42cop, Goose and 4 others like this.
  17. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Guess you lost the appeal.

HistoryHound and mtc like this.
  18. JD02124

19. HistoryHound

You really might want to consider picking up that Burger King application. It's going to be tough holding on to that medical license with that kind of attitude and the mouth that goes with it.

20. Sunny

Sunny New Member

It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the anti-doctor morons who have nothing better to do than to bash someone asking for honest advice.
    Paid for it the next day.
    Perhaps I should be a cop instead? Or would my IQ too high to be considered?

21. JD02124

Your IQ isn't too high since you can't notice grammar mistakes.

mtc likes this.
  22. HistoryHound

Having a high IQ is like having a lot of money. People that actually have it don't have to tell people they do.

mtc likes this.
  23. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

#Anti-DoctorMoronsMatter.